I would like to see my fish now..

Reaction score
That's what I figured.. I was hoping no one would tell me I need to net them out, that would suck.
I received my all in one pump & uv sterilizer with fountain kit yesterday and hooked it up last night, this one is suppose to be good for 2700 gallons. I will see what happens.

yauu.jpg

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Looked it up on the net and looks good. Although, whenever these products do not share info about the lamp and the light spectrum, in µWs/cm² or other measurements, then this raises my skepticsm, but, from the price of the product for a 13watt sterilizer, it makes sense, that is assuming by just looking at price can be any indicator.

You will notice there is a valve there on the fountain stem. Over time of being used and being turned on/off, the bulb will lose its strength and this is when you would start closing the valve on the stem.

These devices work on the concept of freely submerged UV devices, that is meaning the device does not connect to pipes and water flows over the bulb in a container. I have seen many DIY implementations of this approach of UV devices. I am not entirely convinced on their efficacy.

Although, I like the design of how this particular device by Aquatop, except not enough specification information about bulb and lamp is shared to know its performance. So, without knowing this information, not for sure if the full flow of 2,700gph is too much or too little. For the flow to be allowed that high and still be a sterilizer, then the lamp and UV bulb would have to be quite strong and I would have expected a much higher price tag.

Reaction score
I just found some pretty crappy reviews on this thing that I did not find before purchasing, thats a little disappointing. But i wont get too discouraged just yet, the brand seems to be pretty decent overall. The flow rate is 264gph, the capacity is 2377 gallons (i misspoke when i said 2700).

Reaction score
Alright, so this thing has been hooked up since Thursday evening about 7:30, around 12:30 today when I got home the water is pretty much crystal clear and I can see the leaves on the bottom, water is 3' deep give or take an inch.
adqq.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic! Love your lily pads, they look tropical.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The few times I have tried tropical lilies, they have the neatest leaf shapes, but we just don't warm enough quick enough to mess with them. Hardies all tend to have round smooth edged leaves, some have nice colors.

Ask a Question