Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I would go ahead and put the media in today you want the bacteria to grow on it
It would give your stand pipe a little support too

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
why do you still have the long pipe sticking up ? take that off !!! it will stop comingf out the top of the tee in 10 seconds...if not just a 4 inch peice will work!!...you do not need that pipe sticking way up!!! it looks ridiculous.

Reaction score
koidaddy said:
I am building this set up I found on the net. I bought 4- 55 gallon barrels for $100.
First one is mechanical, second is biological and minor fines.

Two of them I cut in half longways for my aquaponic garden.

Do you have plans or more info on your bio-filter build?

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
why do you still have the long pipe sticking up ? take that off !!! it will stop comingf out the top of the tee in 10 seconds...if not just a 4 inch peice will work!!...you do not need that pipe sticking way up!!! it looks ridiculous.

Don't you need some extra PVC sticking up to allow proper aeration to occur? From the picture I can't tell how much extra he has sticking up. Looks like a lot. His pump is only a 1000gph it might not be strong enough and he must rely on gravity to assist, that might be the problem he is having and why the need for a extra PVC.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
gaqbitmac...if you read my posts... i run a 1000gph pump thru mine no problem...he built his filter according to my instruction thread in the DIY section.
ps3...cut a 4 to 6 inch peice of pipe and put it in the tee instead of the long one youve got, if its not enough put a cap on the end and drill a 1/2" hole in it on the top.

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
gaqbitmac...if you read my posts... i run a 1000gph pump thru mine no problem...he built his filter according to my instruction thread in the DIY section.
ps3...cut a 4 to 6 inch peice of pipe and put it in the tee instead of the long one youve got, if its not enough put a cap on the end and drill a 1/2" hole in it on the top.

I'm sorry I didn't ready your post just this one, my bad. I'm working on building my own filter too. Sorry I made it seem like a statement, was more of a question. No harm no foul.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
no problem.. i didnt mean to come off rude...but you should always read thru a thread before poisting on it...sometimes the subject even changes with out notice...

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
no problem.. i didnt mean to come off rude...but you should always read thru a thread before poisting on it...sometimes the subject even changes with out notice...

I thought I did read it, Must have been just skimmin some parts of the thread, Rude no, just to the point!

PS3

Reaction score
i took off that pipe from the top it looks better lol.
and i was out side at 8 am to day puting on a prefilter that i been useing
the mesh bag was not cuting it lol every thing is good the water is flowing strong
i just have to get some new mesh laundry bags today for the media
its raing now so cant do anything

PS3

Reaction score
ok i put the media in the pond today i must have used over 150 feet of straping
in 2 mesh bags & then i went to the pet store and i got 25 feeder fish lol.
and yesterday i went and got 3 Hyacinth's they where 5 dollars a pop lol i hope they grow fast...

Reaction score

Attachments

• 100_1584_140_330.JPG
    100_1584_140_330.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 242

Ask a Question