Ice on pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i hear yeah but i still think I'd go for the big fish net before I WENT FOR A PENGUIN DIVE. I've been in water that cold that makes you play turtle

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
When our big malamute fell in, my husband was ready to call 911 - he was home alone and knew there was no way he could get him out on his own. Luckily the dog found a way to pull himself out. This dog used to love to lay out in the snow - he didn't differentiate between pond and ground once the pond was covered with snow. He never once walked out on the ice if he could see it. We put up a temporary fence after that - our yard is small enough we could fence off half the yard with about 20 feet of fencing and a few metal fence posts. Wasn't gonna risk that again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
When our big malamute fell in, my husband was ready to call 911 - he was home alone and knew there was no way he could get him out on his own. Luckily the dog found a way to pull himself out. This dog used to love to lay out in the snow - he didn't differentiate between pond and ground once the pond was covered with snow. He never once walked out on the ice if he could see it. We put up a temporary fence after that - our yard is small enough we could fence off half the yard with about 20 feet of fencing and a few metal fence posts. Wasn't gonna risk that again!
Darn!
That was scary!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
One of the very worst things that has ever happened to me was our 14 year old golden retriever drowning in our pool. I mean it was DEVASTATING. It's a long and sad story, but suffice it to say I take every precaution possible around water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's so sad @Tula. I have a ten year old golden who is slowing down. Makes me wonder if I should be doing more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Horrible.

I gotta get some low fences up around the pond.

It's hard for the dogs to tell where the land ends and the pond starts due to snow cover.

Its snowing again, but I have to go out and do this.

Ask a Question