I'll be darned! I did have fry!

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
I thought that I had undersexed fish or something. Finally got my water clarity to the point where I could see more than four feet down. Discovered three fish I had not seen before, two are koi, about 1 1/2", another about the same size looks a lot like a brim!

The only thing I ever added without quarantining was some trapdoor snails, from a friend who does raise brim, I guess an egg might have been stuck to one.

Reaction score
What a nice surprise isn't it? At my old place I had a 650 gal pond. Had a few bunkins,goldfish, and koi in various sizes. Never new the sex of the fish but out of the bunch I new there had to be males n females. One day I was moving some plants out of the way of the outflow opening and there and behold there was a fingerling swimming around the roots of the plants. Since then I have seen a few fry but none have made it. Gonna have to look into making some spawning mops or forsee the spawn and just put some cedar branches in.

Ask a Question