i'm calling it my vertical bog

Reaction score
It's a work of art, I love it! You could do the colorful rocks only for a nice bio-filter! Keep experimenting with the plants. I have had to do that the last 26 years in my flower gardens, some plants just don't like certain areas. They may not like all the water movement on them? Creeping Jenny might be good to plant on the out edges of the bowls to hang over to the next bowl. My CJ is in a pot outside the pond and has grown 12" down into my pond! I never water.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have window boxes with a spray bar on the sides of my pond. The drainage holes (which I enlarged) get clogged and the boxes kept overflowing so I drilled 3/4" holes near the top of the boxes so the plants don't drown.
032.JPG
027.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great looking planters, both of you, Love the stainless bowls, such a neat idea. Try parrots feather, bet it would do fine. Water mint would too, but it spreads. Blue forgetmenot, loves being wet, blooms almost all summer.

Ask a Question