I'm giving up posting pics!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have re-sized every picture in my collection of pics to be able to post on here,(Over 8 hours of resizing, deleting, rearranging only to find out it was for nothing, They still fail to post!!!!!:lol::twisted::lol::twisted: I'm so aggravated, I now have four copies of every pic, on my computer now, it's gotten slow as $#!& and they still won't upload!:zombie: I don't know why but I have had it! So if you see a partial show case thread incomplete, I can't post the next sets of pics, If you see a post here I'm trying to post a pic of water hibiscus, they won't post. My head hurts, I'm aggravated, and the cheap lap top is in the swimming pool! It ended up in there after the thunderstorm knocked out the electricity last night while I was trying to transfer pics from it to my hard drive and was almost done and the battery went dead! If I have to re size every pic to post them then I guess I won't post pics anymore. I will not use photobucket or flutterfly, Every time I do I either get a virus or the stupid thing locks up, One more time of this laptop locking up and this one can swim in the Koi pond! and I'll be done with ponds, computers, photography, and moderating all in one shot! :bye2::nono::bye2::nono::bye2::nono::bye2::nono:
This is stupid you have to re-size every freaking pic to post pictures,
I'm done with my rant, for now, back to your regular broadcast.

Reaction score
Sorry you are having such aggravation. I resize every pic I post here too. 700x700 or less. I have to resize for the school website nothing bigger than 500x500 so I am use to it.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
fishin....open a photobucket account...its free and you can even post the big pics on here instead of thumbnails.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Fishin....Now that you are a Moderator maybe you can use your pull to make it so we don't have to resize every pic.

I use picasa and it's pretty simple and I have gotten quick at it. I just have to go and delete the pic when I am done, minor PITA.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nope, Not going to happen, I will not use Photobucket of Flutterfly again, Or any other Photo posting sites ever again, Last time I got a virus that wiped out my internal and external hard drive and couldn't be removed so That was another trashed computer, The one sitting in the bottom of the swimming pool had all my older pics on it and it locked up trying to use a resizing program that Ian sent me. If I can't load straight from my comouter I won't share my pics. I post on multiple sites and pond forums are the worst for for not being able to post to. I use pics directly from the camera to post on diecast forums for years and never had a problem. I'm not a computer guru I work with ponds and fish and Diecast collectible cars. I AM NOT AND WILL NOT KEEP FIGHTING WITH PICS HERE! I'll post messages and not share pics. If Ian can make it where larger pics can be posted or find a way to post pics with out resizing I'll try again.
I spent 8 hours trying to re-size so I could post pics to the showcase and can't get past 2009, We got hit by a storm and I spent the night wiring in the generator to save the fish, move electrical cords back and forth well into the morning, No sleep and fighting with trying ton post pictures. I have better things to do with my time.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
you know they have so many smart SOB's that can make hack's and virus's, and all the crapo that won't let a computer work right but those same people can't find a way for all cameras and computers to match up and make life simple. I'll tell you all, the virus I got from either flutterfly or Photobucket was so bad it wiped out all my stored information, By the time I got a new PC I was hit by identy theft on Ebay, paypal, My bank account and even had someone start a new credit card account with my information. I won't use them, End of story.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
O.K just trying to help...sorry! myself i dont have any problem posting pics. right from my computer...i use "paint" to resize mine...i drag them to desktop.size them with paint..no problem.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hey Fishin I understand your frustration and hope eveything is ok with your pond with the power outage. Why don't you just put your computer down and sit on your patio and have a few drinks, might feel better after a few. :bouncycig::beerchug::beerchug:

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That's what I have been having to do too, I was trying to resize all the pics so I could eliminate having to resize one by one. It gets really agitating when you load five pics then one fails and you have to start all over to figure out which one failed. I'm not a patient person when it comes to all this. As you can tell, I threw a $1000 temper tantrum at 5am this morning! The power and light company got the brunt of it, I honestly don't know how I avoided going to jail after last night/this morning!

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
taherrmann4 said:
Hey Fishin I understand your frustration and hope eveything is ok with your pond with the power outage. Why don't you just put your computer down and sit on your patio and have a few drinks, might feel better after a few. :bouncycig::beerchug::beerchug:
That's good advise! It's too darn hot to sit on the deck but a gallon of daiquiris while sitting in the pool does sound like a winner! :beerchug: I could probably get the laptop out of it while I was at it! But I think I would rather it sit there and and remind me why I hate computer programs so much while I get relaxed.:lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Make it two gallons you will feel lots better until tomorrow!

Never have had a virus from paypal, photobucket, ebay online buying, but I have very good software protecting my system. I have a ton of computer geek friends, they know how to stay safe.

Would be nice not to fight the photos, like other forums.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
addy1 said:
Make it two gallons you will feel lots better until tomorrow!

Never have had a virus from paypal, photobucket, ebay online buying, but I have very good software protecting my system. I have a ton of computer geek friends, they know how to stay safe.

Would be nice not to fight the photos, like other forums.

same here addy ... also have no problems down loading photos

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Fishin in your showcase the pic that shows your bridge going over your pond there is a plant right next to it maybe 4' high, what is that ?

You must have been standing on the roof on that one pic.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bummer fishin, I've never had a problem either w/ photobucket. I have very good firewall and virus protection on my pc tho. Use free Norton that comes w/ Comcast, Immunet, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Malware-bytes and CCleaner. Never have to re-size, just click on img and post away :lol:

firework10.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I find if I post 1 or 2 pics at a time it is faster but true some won't load at all .Photobucket and all the others have gotten somewhat better but still you can get virus's .It sucks that stupid people have nothing better to do than that .They must be pea brains is my comment ..

Ask a Question