I'm giving up posting pics!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Well I did finally get some more added to My showcase. Only about 25% of the pics fail but your right if you load one or two at the time the when one fails you can move on. if you try to load four or five and one fails then you lose the whole post and have to start over.
After getting hack a few years ago, I don't download music, I don't download anything I don't absolutely need, and I run, Norton, trend, malawarebytes,Superantispyware, and sandbox proxy. and my firewalls are set for high filtering. Might be some of the reason I have problems with some programs but my pics and my banking info are the two most important things on my computer and I take all the precautions I can to keep things that way now.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use avast and spyware terminator they are both free and are used by commercial companies .They allow people to use it free so they can get more input .My son worked for ATT and found this out .I do not like ATT because they sold out all there call centers and opened them in the Phillipeans to save money so if you have then demand an american for tech support

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's one thing I won't do on my computer no matter how many safety features I add..........banking..........if I did I would have a seperate pc for just that :lol:

4th10.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Aww jw been banking on the net since 1984 or so, used to do in on the computer and then transmit the information to the bank via dial up. Would never go back to writing checks. Have never had an issue.

Reaction score
Get a MAC and be done with the hassles of owning a PC...:regular_waving_emot You can thank me in about 5 years when the Mac is still going strong...

Reaction score
Pond Boy said:
Get a MAC and be done with the hassles of owning a PC...:surfing: You can thank me in about 5 years when the Mac is still going strong...

I was going to suggest the same thing. they are not perfect and have their faults. but as for virsus and such if you use your brain you won't get them. I think I got infected with one over the 20 years and it did nothing as I was not using outlook or ie.
but if you were downloading things you should not I can't really feel sorry for you. it might be time to wipe you computer to make sure you have gotten rid of all the junk that may be hidden and re setup your computer.
with a mac you will have free pic hosting extremely easy backing up and you won't have all the virus crap you are having. Plus things work better together on a mac usually.
There are apps that will resize whole folders at once and put the fiels in another folder. like acdcee I may even have my code so you can have it for free.

Reaction score
fishin4cars said:
Well I did finally get some more added to My showcase. Only about 25% of the pics fail but your right if you load one or two at the time the when one fails you can move on. if you try to load four or five and one fails then you lose the whole post and have to start over.
After getting hack a few years ago, I don't download music, I don't download anything I don't absolutely need, and I run, Norton, trend, malawarebytes,Superantispyware, and sandbox proxy. and my firewalls are set for high filtering. Might be some of the reason I have problems with some programs but my pics and my banking info are the two most important things on my computer and I take all the precautions I can to keep things that way now.

norton stinks imo, I use avg, oh and the reason you don't get viruses with a mac is because no one cares to make them for a mac cause not many users use macs

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
well, I'm not buying a MAC, AVG, antivirus is what I was using when I got nailed with all this virus mess in the first place, Oh and just so you know, I know two other people that got hit hard using AVG too, might want to reconsider using AVG, Not endorsing Norton as they have serious issues too but they are one of the better names that will work along with other spyware and malaware programs. Like has been said, if they worked more on finding programmers that fix problems instead of making more problems then we wouldn't even be having this discussion. I'm going to get a better camera and a photoprogram and learn how to go that route so I guess I'll be devoting a lot more time to figuring out my camera and program and less on ponds now for a while, I'll just have to be a NEWBIE on a photography forum. Decided to take the next step in photography and get a better camera to work with anyway. Found a great deal on a very slightly used Olympus SLR Evolt E-520manual/auto focus Camera, So

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Not to start a war over choices, but the numbers speak volumes.

If MAC's ever become popular and outsell PC's, the Hackers will focus on MAC's. I work with some of the most highly skilled programmers there are, and they all agree with that.

If major corporations thought MAC's were better they would be using them. Caterpillar has over 100,000 PC's and every engineering company I know of, use PC's or UNIX workstations.

All PC's that have a MS operating system also have a program called "Paint". It will resize your photos. I use 800 wide .jpg and they always upload.

Reaction score
Why would you not be willing to try a mac? go to a apple store and check it out. if you want a easy to sue reliable and very well supported computer you can't beat it. It works well with other devices with little or no effort to setup. You can rin windows on one too.
hell not saying a mac is a perfect computer but they are easy to use and easy to manage and maintain.
Of course corporations don't use macs they not designed for corporate use and they are too expensive.
I use both every day and I ave started to see the strengths and weaknesses between them. for a home user that is not that technical it can't be beat. plus a mac has fantastic resale value.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Steve knight said:
Why would you not be willing to try a mac? go to a apple store and check it out. if you want a easy to sue reliable and very well supported computer you can't beat it. It works well with other devices with little or no effort to setup. You can rin windows on one too.
hell not saying a mac is a perfect computer but they are easy to use and easy to manage and maintain.
Of course corporations don't use macs they not designed for corporate use and they are too expensive.
I use both every day and I ave started to see the strengths and weaknesses between them. for a home user that is not that technical it can't be beat. plus a mac has fantastic resale value.

LOL, this might be a good reason why, I have four good Pc's and a water logged laptop, I think I would rather spend my $$ on a new camera and maybe another pond, not a MAC so I can post pics and avoid viruses

Reaction score
what you like pulling your hair out? taking care of bald spots costs a lot more. myself I hate spending money on computers. but when you figure resale value it is not as expensive. see that waterlooged laptop would never have happened.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
So MAC's don't get old like Pc's do and outdate after 10 years? And you can resale them for decent Money when they do need replacing? Hmm maybe the nest time I'm actually looking at replacing one.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
2010 Statistics show 92% are MS OS vers 5% Apple Mac OS and 3% Linux & others.
I have had PC's since they became available in the true blue 4MHZ variety. The only faliures I have had have been Hard Drives.
30 years of PC's and not looking to change.
Steve, if you want to give Larkin and I a MAC, I'm sure neither one of us will turn it down.;)
Until then this discussion is going nowhere.
You brought a nailfile to a gunfight. :)

Ask a Question