I'm weak!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Did I mention I bought three tiny baby koi for under five dollars each the other day. This year some snake that ate half the smaller goldfish in the bottom pond so now their is more room!! Plus I hardly every get any babies cause their is too many dragonfly nymths that eat my baby fish so what the heck! My sister still has some of my koi and goldfish from the middle pond, I took some there when we had the big flood threat this June, and I must get them back but her water is so green I cannot catch them!!

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
That's a good price, are there many dealers in Medicine Hat? Surprisingly, there's not many in the Vancouver area.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I got them up at Animal World, and I though that was pretty cheap, I think he is the biggest dealer in town and he also has a big pond and he raises them too. They are very small, about one inch, and the colors could change still, but I thought they were so cute cause they were so small, and I could pretend they are my baby koi that I never seem to get! Ha ha ha. :)

Reaction score
I can get koi here that are about 3 to 3 1/2 inches from Petco for a little less then $6.00 a piece. Trouble is they usually don't make it. I do have some that I got there and they made it and are still doing good. Then I have another place I get them that they are half the size and cost more but they have a higher chance of living.

A friend here that has a pond had three snakes in her pond last year and they ate a lot of her smaller fish. I have seen snakes up here but not since I've had my pond :).

Someone had put down at the bottom of the hill at the mail boxes that they had a bear that was trying to get into their house! They are only a mile from us! I'm sure it's not a grizzly but don't know if it was a black and brown bear. I don't know if either of the them eat fish , maybe I have to do some research. That would kill me to go outside in the morning and not have any fish:(.

Ask a Question