Indoor plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Every Spring, I take my indoor plants out doors. I have shelves on my fence, shelves on the garage and I just sit them around the pond. Since it has been so chilly and rainy and the forecast isn't getting any better, I brought them in today. One of the plants I had next to the pond had some bugs in it. Those gray rolly polly things. I threw the dirt away, sprayed the plant off real good and repotted it. Has anyone had this problem? This is a first for me. Wonder if it was because it was next to the pond.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I do the same thing with some of m plants. In the fall when I bring them inside I find that some of the plants have those pill bugs under the pots and I am sure some are in the dirt. I spray all my plants with seven before bringing them in then I let them sit in the garage to dry off, then the next day I spray again to be sure I didn't miss anything, I also spray the dirt as ants seem to love my Plumeria. Those pill bugs like moist surroundings so it could be that they were by the pond or it could also be if you got rain recently. If you kept them watered really well this would probably add to it as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We have been getting a lot of rain lately. Never had this problem before. It was kind of freaky seeing the bugs come up out of the dirt .. Hope it didn't hurt the plant.

Ask a Question