Inground pool conversion

C

C Pool

Hello, Everyone! I have a 16,000 gallon swimming pool that I have neglected for over a year now. Just put about 100 mosquitofish in per county instruction. Lots of foliage at the pool bottom. The county said I could put in koi and goldfish since they don't eat mosquitofish, and rain water is all I need from now on. I do feed racoons and skunks at night, so I am holding off putting the koi and goldfish in. I look forward to your thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think your advice from the county is as ridiculous as their politics. You don't just throw koi into a old pool and the rain water will suffice. Rain water is very acidic, and koi need on the alkaline side of the scale. Without Doing some home work spending some time, energy and money your pool pond can be come a Cesspool very quickly.
now this is by no means the only way to keep fiish in your pool a bead filter or two and or rdf ilters will also work but a rdf for 20000 gallons starts at $7,000

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
chalk welcome.gif
@C Pool

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They may not have liked my comment about the ridiculous statement out there in San Francisco. dumping koi in a swimming pool with no filter

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
na i bet i hurt their feelings

Ask a Question