Inherited a pond / bath tub in my front garden 3 10 inch koi and 2 gold fish its shocking i know sk this week end i having a 3m x 2m x1m pond dug out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I would like some help on this I mean help shelves no shelves shape round rectangle filter system pump plants yes no just need some help

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1626746163396.gif
and welcome @Dashwin

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
So I would like some help on this I mean help shelves no shelves shape round rectangle filter system pump plants yes no just need some help
Hello!

Maybe it might help to start by looking at the gallery here, and on the web in general, and thinking about what kind of look and style you would want? I mean, based on the rough size you are thinking of, the fish will think they are in heaven, no doubt, that's wonderful of you after being in such unfortunate circumstances.

Many people here use a planted bog to filter their pond, it looks nice and it works well when done right. If/when you decide to go that route more specific questions can be answered. If you want to get lots and lots of fish and have nothing at all but fish in your pond that would be a dedicated koi pond and there are other groups that would be better for getting advice on that, this group really focuses on combining fish and water gardens for the most part, though koi can sometimes be tricky with damaging plants, so you can get some speciific advice around that depending on what you want your final setup to look like and your climate.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the GPF but I have to ask - Is there a question here somewhere?
I had someone dig my pond my top recommendation is to make sure you level it before you start digging. I have a pond that was dug for me that’s higher on one end it looks like. See it’s higher where the patio is so trying to figure out how to level it. The side where barrel is lower.

Attachments

• E1670157-9BC7-42D2-B1BC-738840FA0A19.jpeg
    E1670157-9BC7-42D2-B1BC-738840FA0A19.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 5
  • E751D614-FF21-4C57-85A1-9AFACB80DA8B.jpeg
    E751D614-FF21-4C57-85A1-9AFACB80DA8B.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

Maybe it might help to start by looking at the gallery here, and on the web in general, and thinking about what kind of look and style you would want? I mean, based on the rough size you are thinking of, the fish will think they are in heaven, no doubt, that's wonderful of you after being in such unfortunate circumstances.

Many people here use a planted bog to filter their pond, it looks nice and it works well when done right. If/when you decide to go that route more specific questions can be answered. If you want to get lots and lots of fish and have nothing at all but fish in your pond that would be a dedicated koi pond and there are other groups that would be better for getting advice on that, this group really focuses on combining fish and water gardens for the most part, though koi can sometimes be tricky with damaging plants, so you can get some speciific advice around that depending on what you want your final setup to look like and your climate.

Good luck!
And welcome to the family!

Ask a Question