Internet Outlaw

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Back in late fall or early winter, when things were slow on GPF, I was looking around at some other sites, and came across one apparently sponsored by a well-known company involved in the construction of ponds, as well as selling to the public. One or two topics looked mildly interesting, so I opened an account, and proceeded to look around. One thread was titled "This is my first time posting on a website", and curiosity made me click on it. There was only the one post, and it said exactly the same thing as the title. Impulsively, I wrote back " Lie back on the comfy couch and tell the good doctor about your problem." The rest of the site was rather dated, and I logged off.
Several weeks later I remembered the site, so I logged on again to see if anything interesting had come up. Imagine my surprise when I was informed that I had been banned FOREVER, and without even giving a reason!!!! Apparently a sense of humour is a sin to this company, and results in eternal damnation for the offender!
Really glad there's a few folks on HERE with a sense of humour!
John
P.S. The site wasn't all that interesting anyway. :nono:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You trouble maker you! It is a good thing this site enjoys humor, we do enjoy ourselves. Shame on you............. banned banned banned lol.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
While working in the yard just now, I heard a familiar chattering noise above me. I looked up, and there was a kingfisher, telling me to stop playing in the dirt and get those d..n fish back in the pond. At least now I know where my goldfish have been going! A full net cover is now on the agenda. :grumble:
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
utoh, poor bird is gonna be pissed, you are removing its food source! That king fisher just might ban you from netting it!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sorry, Addy, but it's either that or the shotgun, and around here 'shotgun' is a four-letter word!
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow now that was a touchy subject w/ them I guess John. Humor not allowed! Strange things do go on out there in cyber space. Guess I can join your outlaw gang too as I was banned once too for sticking up for someone on another forum. Still don't know what I did wrong. Oh well no big loss!

Good thing you caught the king fisher eyeballing your pond before you put the fish back out there!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sounds like you were out of line and should be much more considerate of peoples feelings when posting on the interwebs...

;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
and the word gets around haro lol See they know a bad seed .thank god i'm just joking

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I second that adavisus! This forum has been one of the most welcoming forums I have had the pleasure of joining. People are very friendly, knowledgeable and you always get a quick response.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sometimes I have to pinch myself to see if this forum is really real or I'm dreaming
tropicaldreaming.gif
Oh I mean that in a good way :LOL:

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I second what Pecan said. This forum has been very welcoming, very helpful and at times extremely funny. :banana: You know it's funny when you can read something someone else has written and start laughing out loud!

Ask a Question