Is it possible to 'raise' a pond?

Discussion in 'Newbies to Garden Ponds' started by James_Pond, Feb 14, 2018.

1. James_Pond

Austin

Austin, Mar 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. James_Pond

Austin

I am a landscape architect and have a 10x20 water garden for the last 6 years.
    Yes I like the idea of just use a second layer of liner over the existing one.
    Make sure the grades around the pond edge slope away from the pond so the
    runoff would not go into the pond. Allow extra 2' + liner around the edge and then cover it up with gravel and stepping stones.

Austin, Mar 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. James_Pond

sissy sissy

I had checked with goodyear and found also that roof liner and pond liners are the same except for the treatment used to keep them from sticking to themselves in storage .Pondliners use baking soda and roof liner s use a chemical .Also roof liners usually only come 10 feet wide and sell by the foot at places like builders discount center

sissy, Mar 2, 2018
  4. James_Pond

GBBUDD

ADDY Has the right idea make the pond a little smaller and fill in behind the liner with new soil thus giving you additional liner to build up.
    BUT if it was I and this I did on my pond I put in a drain between my neighbor and I as he fertilizes his lawn it's a 6" perforated pipe with a sock over it and in a bed of 2' of stone. but that is just one of two steps I also plan on having a build up of soil and rock along with plants to slow down the flow alow it to pond on heavy rain events and let the drain do it's thing. You could slimply drape new rubber into your pond make a build up /speed bump sorta speek around the pond if you can shed the water to an area away from the pond . you can see part of the pipe to the right of the photo

Attached Files:

GBBUDD, Mar 6, 2018
  5. James_Pond

James_Pond

Thanks for all of your advice. Lots to consider.

My longer term aim is to build a second pond and connect the two. Perhaps that would be the sensible time to tackle this issue fully.

James_Pond, Mar 18, 2018
  6. James_Pond

Lisak1

Oh definitely! Don't mess around with a patch job if you have plans to renovate - just do the whole deal.

Lisak1, Mar 18, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question