Is there meaning behind your screen name?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking about screen names the other day and wondered how you all chose yours and if there is a meaning behind it. I'd love to hear, if you're willing to share.

In my case, I raised Teddy bear hamsters, Campbells dwarf hamsters, and Roborovski dwarf hamsters for a few years and had a lot of fun with the hobby. I've been hamstermann whenever possible since then, even though I no longer even own a hamster.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy was my little 4 lb rescue yorkie. Saved from a bad breeder, she was kept in a cage in a dark room.

Her favorite place was a very cozy box I set up for her in a closet.

My email, a 4 lb white yorkie, kept in a nice garage set up, but in a cage. I saved her also.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Addy was my little 4 lb rescue yorkie. Saved from a bad breeder, she was kept in a cage in a dark room.

My email, a 4 lb white yorkie, kept in a nice garage set up, but in a cage. I saved her also.
It is heartbreaking what some people do to innocent animals. They are evil. Bless you for rescuing those little angels!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It breaks my heart to see any critter abused.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have used this rather confusing name for 40 years. When computers first came out and I got injured , I kept hearing if you didn't get to know a computer you would get left behind. Me being a hands on fix it kinda guy, computers were not my thing. After trying to create a screen name over and over and over being told it was taken, I got a bit frustrated. Some kids that lived in the neighborhood where I moved to the morning of my 18th birthday when I moved out of my parents house. The kids in the neighborhood primarily didn't have dads and always saw me working on something be it carpentry. Some took interest in what i would be working on and i would make stuff with the left overs with them , 3 to be exact . It was what the kids called me. Great big buddy
After my blogs /posts on fresh water planted tank from years and years ago where i used GBBUDD , So I had this screen name and was known as such, so to keep it alive with a blog/ post on a koi pond seemed logical

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess I am just a wayfaring stranger with an affection for goldies and their habitats.
Ah, so it's a contraction. Guest+Goldie=Guestie. Makes sense.
To answer your question, "Is there meaning behind your screen name?"
Yes!
If only yours wasn't so obscure and hard to decipher...😂

Huh. I just assumed Addie was your name. I agree with the others though - good on you for rescuing them!

I have used this rather confusing name for 40 years. When computers first came out and I got injured , I kept hearing if you didn't get to know a computer you would get left behind. Me being a hands on fix it kinda guy, computers were not my thing. After trying to create a screen name over and over and over being told it was taken, I got a bit frustrated. Some kids that lived in the neighborhood where I moved to the morning of my 18th birthday when I moved out of my parents house...took interest in what i would be working on and i would make stuff with the left overs with them , 3 to be exact . It was what the kids called me. Great big buddy.
That's cool that you could teach them. There was a guy like that down the street from me when we moved into the house I live in now. He said he was happiest when making sparks or sawdust. He taught the neighborhood scouts about woodworking and welding a had some of them make knives out of scrap metal. Pretty cool. Too bad he moved away and then passed not long after.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ah, so it's a contraction. Guest+Goldie=Guestie. Makes sense.

If only yours wasn't so obscure and hard to decipher...😂

Huh. I just assumed Addie was your name. I agree with the others though - good on you for rescuing them!

That's cool that you could teach them. There was a guy like that down the street from me when we moved into the house I live in now. He said he was happiest when making sparks or sawdust. He taught the neighborhood scouts about woodworking and welding a had some of them make knives out of scrap metal. Pretty cool. Too bad he moved away and then passed not long after.
i HAD A GENTLEMAN and i mean gentleman , do the same with us when i too was a kid his name was Charlie Partulous . He was a gentle soul a practical engineer , who thought us much from BEE'S to hand grenades'" literally " ok so it was only on paper but he told us the basics. Charlie was a great guy and a huge loss, he was all of ours grand father. Unfortunately I never knew any of mine. It brings a smile to my face thinking of him , it has been many years. Starting to sound like Charlie with his stories and time references

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mine is easy I grew up being called SISSY My dad named me so to honor him when i married 50 years ago I kept my maiden name and just added my married last name . I also have in my last name my mothers maiden name . Told hubby that was me so keeping them . I know some families do that to this day , funny when my sons got their birth certificates for their learners permits . They thought I was married to more people than their father

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He taught the neighborhood scouts about woodworking and welding
I tried to be a scout master but because i was traveling and was not a permanent resident of the area i was turned away time and again. i had boys that were of age but they were in another state , so i thought i would still give time but they would have no part of it. I guess it was for the better it was the same time the boy scouts ended, and became what ever it is today.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
I have used this rather confusing name for 40 years. When computers first came out and I got injured , I kept hearing if you didn't get to know a computer you would get left behind. Me being a hands on fix it kinda guy, computers were not my thing. After trying to create a screen name over and over and over being told it was taken, I got a bit frustrated. Some kids that lived in the neighborhood where I moved to the morning of my 18th birthday when I moved out of my parents house. The kids in the neighborhood primarily didn't have dads and always saw me working on something be it carpentry. Some took interest in what i would be working on and i would make stuff with the left overs with them , 3 to be exact . It was what the kids called me. Great big buddy
After my blogs /posts on fresh water planted tank from years and years ago where i used GBBUDD , So I had this screen name and was known as such, so to keep it alive with a blog/ post on a koi pond seemed logical
I'm smiling, thinking of those now-grown-up kids thinking of their "Great Big Buddy" with the same fondness as you do "Charlie". What a terrific legacy from both of you.

Ask a Question