Is this pump too good to be true?

Reaction score
A 3,200 gph pump that is very energy efficient AND does well with regards to head pressure? Was looking at a Laguna Maxflow 4,200 but for the price I just can't beat the one I found on ebay. However I am a little weary about these numbers, do you think this pump can actually pull off this kind of head pressure AND be a mag drive? Oh and I will include a link for the Laguna pump.

What do you think?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koi-Pond-Pump-3200-GPH-Low-Energy-Extremely-Efficient-/380356377857?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f01bd01

http://www.pondliner.com/product/laguna_max-flo_4200/laguna_max-flo_pumps

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
the pump will pull off those numbers, and pond depot has always been good to me, I've dealt with them on a few occasions. BUT, don't compare the two pumps, although the numbers seem to look similar in fact those are two pumps that are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to long term use energy effeciency, and and overall pump design, Laguana are better made, longer lasting pumps that are designed for long term use and to save money in the fact that they can and do last a lot longer and save energy to the point that they can actually pay for themselves over cheaper similar flow rate designed pumps. Bottom line is, You pay for what you get. replace once ever two or three years, or replace once every 7-10 years? But to answer the question will it work, yes, it works and works well, But it's not designed as well no.

Reaction score
Thank you :)
I will just buy the Laguna Max flo 4200. Hopefully it can still pull off those numbers with a 2 inch pipe instead of the recommended 1 1/2 haha.

Ask a Question