addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat if I ever have a leak issue will get some.

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I bought it here in Des Moines Iowa. We have a pond whole sale place that carries it. It has made me a believer in its product after using it underwater and it sealed my leak. It was 18 for the cauking gun tube.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not a bad price and great you have a place there that sells pond supplies .Here they take your right arm as there is only one pond supply place and that is dana's garden center .The other places are lowes or home depot

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
must be because here we have a lot of farm ponds and they just buy the stuff at tractor supply and thats it .I know there is a big place up in PA also That fish and pet place is there and it is big .I visited it 2 years ago .We do have springdale water gardens here but it is hard to get to right now as they are working on the roads there and there are detours every where and even my GPS does not work good there because some of the new roads are not on it yet .

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Ok. I will use that gold seal stuff then over that use the pl roof flashing, hahah. I will be good to go ;)

Nah, I just drilled a small screw into where the weir door tab thingy broke off. Works great. I actually broke the other plastic hinge tab thingy, on purpose this time, and drilled another small screw there also. It was VERY easy to put the weir door back into the skimmer without loosening any skimmer faceplate screws. It works great now!!

I am still going to seal the skimmer tho; I think I don't want to chance it "possibly" leaking, heh.

Yeah, also, I think the a weir door of some type is required for skimmers. I filled up my little "pond" to see how the skimmer would work without a weir door. The debris would go in the skimmer and then the same debris would sometimes come right on out, heh. I then put the weir door in and the debris never escaped. The air pocket in the weir door allows the weir door to float just enough to create a very small 1~3 centimeter tall waterfall creating a little vortex thing. This vortex thingy is what prevents the debris from escaping my skimmer.

I can definitely relate with the lack of pond supply stores. I live in an area where my neighbor is 5 miles away and the biggest city nearest me, Amarillo, is 80 miles away and just ~190k population and not many pond outlets !!! grrr. Getting pond plants are a hassle since I have to buy 12 of a kind if I want to buy through the greenhouses. The greenhouses here only have a very small stocktank where they sell pond plants from and they only order them once a month even if they sell out much sooner, such a pain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Why not use Aquarium caulk? like $12 a tube sold at most pet stores that sell fish. dries clear, easy to use aka less mess. Best part fish safe. only down side takes 48hrs to be water ready .
I have used it on My active bog and a my other filter.

Ask a Question