sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use a concrete mixing tub and I use a quarter cup of peroxide .I swish them around to get anything out of the roots and then they go in the other concrete mixing tub with some miracle grow and soak for an hour or 2 and then into plain water .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have well water so hopefully just germs from the earth .I have been pushing koi clay lately because it is one product I love and always forget to mention that I use .I think it really does help .Your water gets cloudy at first but goes away really fast

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have well water so hopefully just germs from the earth .I have been pushing koi clay lately because it is one product I love and always forget to mention that I use .I think it really does help .Your water gets cloudy at first but goes away really fast

Sissy, the latest figures that I have seen estimate that at least 86% of ALL wells in the U.S. are polluted to some extent.
Also, did you know that kitty litter is the same mineral as Koi clay?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep i know bentonite clay but I prefer the pure koi clay .I think it works better .It could be me but it is so cheap and easy to get here that I prefer to go pure .I always worry about the plants that produce the kitty litter .There has been so many errors in plants lately that process stuff that it makes you wonder .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I also test my well water with the county 2 times a year and have a double filtration system that back flushes itself every night after 12 pm.I also once a month back flush it manually .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Montmorillonite clay or koi clay or plain ole kitty litter. (Although kitty litter is usually bentonite clay, which is montmorillonite clay with silica, or something like that!) It's great stuff - it pulls those floating particles from the water to the bottom and leaves your water all sparkly. And the koi love the clay - when we sprinkle it in, they come running...errr swimming! They glide back and forth through the cloud of clay until it clears, which happens amazingly fast.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Any idea the ration for rinsing them? HP to H2o?
Technically that would be H2O2 to H2O3 - peroxide is water with one more oxygen molecule.

When we use peroxide in the pond we use one pint per 1000 gallons - not sure if there's any science behind that, but I once read that as a baseline and it's stuck with me.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you have plants in your water you may have to be careful .I found the koi clays do a better job .I tried the kitty litter it does work but I prefer to stay with the clay .I don't have many plants in my pond except in the plant things that hang over the sides .In the winter I add peroxide to the water also .Maybe that helps with the lack of green algae along with the clay

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well I don't necessarily want to put the hydrogen peroxide in the pond but I remember maybe Addy or someone saying that I could/should rinse off plants before putting them in the pond to prevent anything transplanting. I was thinking I could do the same thing to de-slime my parrots feather.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Technically that would be H2O2 to H2O3 - peroxide is water with one more oxygen molecule.

When we use peroxide in the pond we use one pint per 1000 gallons - not sure if there's any science behind that, but I once read that as a baseline and it's stuck with me.

I have heard of H2O2 (Peroxide), but what is H2O3?

Ask a Question