sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never turn my pumps totally off .I turn off the big pumps the end of December and hook up my 1000 gph laguna pump to my one filter and that is usually only for Jan. .That is usually a month but I do sometimes run it into Feb.It depends on the forecast .This year I left the 2400 gph going when I felt the weather was good I would turn it on so water would circulate more .Left it on one time 1 day and night to long

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh no. I was doing some research on some big black swimmers that came out of my pond with all of the slime and am sad to say that they were dragonflies
They live in it, you can't really pull it out without wiping out a lot of them and other little critters.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep true addy snails and tadpoles love it and taddies will clean it all up in 2 days if you get them .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@tbendl I just love reading your posts! Your way with descriptives is just so, well, descriptive -- it's like I'm right there with you, sharing in every nuance of the experience, LOL!

A few weeks ago, just before the plants started waking up, I had the same "snot" overtaking the little turtle bog. I just scooped as much out as I could and dumped in on the ground, around the non-bog plants. Then I read your post. So for the next couple of times I found myself scooping "snot" [and that is just what it reminded me of -- and took me back a few years down parenting-lane], I thought about you and got to giggle while I worked!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hehe TM thank you! Life is about drinking lemonade or whining about lemons and boy do I like lemonade!! Are you all warned up again now? We have had upper 70's these last few weeks and it feels wonderful.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hehe TM thank you! Life is about drinking lemonade or whining about lemons and boy do I like lemonade!! Are you all warned up again now? We have had upper 70's these last few weeks and it feels wonderful.
We were having some nice days until this past weekend when the air temps. dropped to the high 40's/low 50's for a day or 2. Saturday was going to be my day to lower the water and get in the pond for some plant maintenance, but it was too chilly with the wind blowing.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yeah I was supposed to get in and finish placing my lilies but it was a little chilly and windy and cloudy here. I opted for a nap instead.
My new pump is here though so next week I'm going swimming for sure!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not swimming in my warm 56 f pond..................burrrrrrrrrr

Water is crystal clear, the toads are loving it

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
IMG_3352.JPG IMG_3353.JPG These are just a few of the tadpoles I have swimming. And I don't know the difference between a toad and a frog. Except for Kermit, he was a frog. My bog is growing like mad right now though...
IMG_3354.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Believe it or not I have never had to get in my pond with water in it .I guess my koi destroying plants has a good side to it .I just use the swimming pool net for the bottom and that is why I noticed the lack of fish waste on the bottom with the new food .My frogs were fornicating yesterday I saw them and told them they need to do that in private :):LOL:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
what is your liner tbendl it looks like it has small squares in it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I sent that link for the billboard sign also he wants to do a pondless in NC .I have to call and see if he ordered his yet .I was going to buy one for my lily pond

Ask a Question