Joaquin prep-

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
What?! And deal with months of cold, snow and ice accompanied by monotony and ennui? No thanks, I'll stay in the environmentally dynamic South.:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Monotony?
Have you seen my indoor tanks?
My aquaponics?
My hydroponics?
My grow tent?
My woodworking?
Bug free walks outdoors.
Sitting by a roaring fireplace while a winter storm blows outdoors?
Discovering a new environment outside in the spring after 6 months of snow disappears.

This is heaven on earth, my friend.;)

I coudn't withstand the same old, same old. Year after year.:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You're a man after my own heart @MitchM - although we don't have it QUITE as harsh as you, having been born and raised in the midwest, the four diverse seasons are in my blood. I, too, love a good snowstorm, a walk in the crisp January air, the first signs of spring, the blistering, blazing heat of an August afternoon... it's what keeps me getting up every day!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
In a previous life I was a general contractor and carpenter. Building science interests me very much. I enjoy investigating all the different environmental conditions that we live in.
Building in extreme cold is very interesting. I imagine that trying to construct buildings in a hurricane zone would be interesting as well, but hurricanes seem to be so random, you have very few opportunities to experience the conditions first hand.

LisaK, I'm sure us northeners could make a long list of all the great things about living in the real 4 seasons.(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good idea about netting to prevent fish washout. Mine was netted as of 10 days ago as the leaves have started to fal in the NC mountains. Hopefully it will also keep fish in as they are predicting 7-14" of rain here over the next 48 hours.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Everywhere I have lived has it's own unique challenges and gifts, it's what makes this world such an interesting place. I love that those who enjoy the frigid tundra's that are winter enjoy them, I love that those who live in warmer climates enjoy them. I always try to focus on the gifts of a location versus the challenges, for me the snow would just downright kick my tookus. I am jealous of your other seasons though. :)

Ask a Question