Keeping the Family Peace

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
JenH; Your sister's dog sounds a lot like my two youngest grandkids. Their parents also think they are little angels, although I did hear their mother slip once and call one "the Anti-Christ". I'm considering getting two large dog crates.....
John

Reaction score
crossman.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had my dad move in, with him came his crazy chocolate lab (before pond time) One 100 foot wire, one chain, the dog was on a run the whole time it lived here. She now resides in texas, we did not want to keep her after he passed.

Maybe you could put up a temporary wire run, dog on the run when it is there, or it does not come to visit.

Reaction score
I guess i'm a little more outspoken, a polite but firm, "Your dog is destroying the work I did on this pond." should work. If the person is enough of a control freak to get upset at that, then I'd break out the pellet rifle and pump it a few times and lean it against my chair and smile..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
JenH; Your sister's dog sounds a lot like my two youngest grandkids. Their parents also think they are little angels, although I did hear their mother slip once and call one "the Anti-Christ". I'm considering getting two large dog crates.....
John
OMG, I laughed sooo hard when I read that....sounds like something I would say about my twins. I'm still laughing....

Jerry In Maine

I'm watching you...
Reaction score
too bad it's a dog that's the trouble and not a bird, 'cause as we all know, birds are much, much smarter than dogs..

:nananananana: :nananananana:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
beginning to think we lost it here .The air got a little lighter :razz: drug time

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have a little a dog who is pretty bratty, but, he doesn't damage my yard at all. When we go stay at their place outside Tillamook OR, we take our little dog with us, but when we are in their house I am holding him or he is kennelled and when we are outside he is leashed. I would feel horrible letting my little dog run around and terrorize their place.

I think I am going to be honest with her in a very very nice way :) I will really think about how I phrase what I say to encourage her to keep control of her dog but not making it sound like her dog is bad.

My dear sweet husband keeps his mouth shut when it comes to this because if he didn't it might turn out very bad. :LOL: He is a retired Gunnery Sgt in the Marine Corps and after doing 26 years in the Corps he has the uncanny ability to "verbally rape" people. He lacks a filter so when it comes to handling things like this he leaves it up to me and my more politically correct way of confronting situations. My sweet retired Marine, he makes me laugh. Some of the vulgarities that come out of his mouth at times are so funny. I don't even know what they mean or where he learned to say such things. :LOL:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sorry, but I'm with Waterbug on this. Tough love, call it what you want, this ditz is not going to respond to any sweet talk. Tell her the *^&%$# dog trashed the yard last time, either crate it or leave it at a kennel!
( It's so easy when I don't have to do it!!!) :biggrin:
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
drug the dog with those calming pills you can buy at pet smart and petco .They taste like beef he will be in lala land peeing and pooping on himself .I had to give them to my dogs for the trip to VA from NJ so they would not get car sick .

Ask a Question