Koi Growth

Reaction score
Hi, have been reading through here over the last month or so and have picked up some great tips since compleating my pond.

At the moment I have 8 4 - 5" koi in my pond, what sort of growth rates can I expect, is there any way to encourage growth?

Thanks.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
With normal feeding and good water quality, your Koi will be 10-12" in a year. Don't worry about large, they will get there sooner than you think.

Reaction score
Nice, so they should grow a couple of inches over the summer?

What would you class as normal feeding, I tend to feed them whenever I see them actively looking for food.

Thanks

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I feed my 8 20" Koi 50 grams a day. That is a little over 3 ozs. On weekends I give them a treat early in the day of about 25 grams.

I have about 20 that are 4 to 12" in my upper pond, I feed them about half that.

Reaction score
Ok, I dont think I feed them quite that much, the temprature ahs been steadily rising tho over the last couple of days so I think I will try and increase the feed slightly.

Out of interest what size pond were your fish in?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
DrCase is right. I have 1 year olds that are 4" because they were in tanks and 7" Koi that have been in the pond all year.

Ask a Question