j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Theo, someone here suggested I believe that you might want to check your local roof construction companies there in your town as they may have it cheaper for you there. It is the same kind of rubber as for the pond liners and I have purchased 2 of those same rubber roofing liners for my ponds and they are fine. Might be worth looking into :razz:

Reaction score
remember rubber roofing can be used in pond also as liner .I know Greece has lots of flat roofs .

I had bought rubber roofing and installed it and filled the pond a quarter of the way full..the liner had stamped writing on it and had a light grey look to it..i took it out and ordered the EPDM ..it was black ..loved it..and also had no writing on it.. i guess the rubber roofing would be good if the walls in the pond were going to be lined with rock ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Theodore, before I forget, here is Addy's Bog Building thread. You will understand lots about bogs, and their filtration benefits for a pond. I hope this link works!
http://www.gardenpon...__fromsearch__1
My bog is simply part of my pond, but separate, too. I have a wall between bog and pond, and the water goes through the pea gravel (which fills the bog) and then is pushed up through all the roots of the bog plants, feeding the plants and filtering the water, then flows back into the pond. My computer is not cooperating right now with downloading pics, but you can look at my thread, too, for lots of pics during the construction and how the PVC pipes go together for the filtration through the bog. https://www.gardenpondforum.com/top...es-2nd-pond-goldfish-only/page__fromsearch__1
Yes, by all means, if you have a lumber yard or place where building materials are sold, ask them about buying your EPDM liner. Yes, it IS going to be expensive, as the larger the piece, the more expensive it will be. BTW, the larger the piece, the heavier it will be, too! I moved mine into the ponds myself, but I used my tractor and loader to get the bundle to the pond edge. It's not something you can put in a wheelbarrow and move either! But, it's worth the money you spend to know it will keep your fish and plants safe for many many years to come.
Here's another thread you may be interested in if you want any other plants in and around your pond besides lilies. Addy put this one together, too, and did it very well. http://www.gardenpon...__fromsearch__1

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
would not matter anyway if it had writing or was grey muck will cover it .

Ask a Question