sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I found an old bathtub finally and will be dragging that home all thanks to jw 's idea .I can't wait went to lowes and got the waterproof epoxy and was thinking about that drain hole though and want to run it by the forum could I hook a pipe to it and run an outside pump or inside pump to it to recycle the water up to the old faucet and make it look like the tub is filling up and it has the old fashioned shower bar that goes up could I shorten that and make the shower look like it's running .Not sure what piping I would use or how to put it together but been thinking about it .Tub was free

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Sissy, I know it can be done, A girl that worked with me in the pet store did one that was really cool in her front yard, takes a some thinking and some reducers and such but it's possible. I do recommend using PVC or plastic pipe, I don't recommend using anything metal. One thing she did that I always thought looked really cool was she used clear stiff tubing to tie into the faucet. It gave the optical illusion that the faucet was just free floating over the pond with water running out of it. Not sure how she glued it in and all but it did give a very unique look and conversation piece to her pond.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Fishin4cars....i know what your talking about.. easy to make too..you want acrylic tubing. using a low gph pump... the pump pumps the water up the tube and it runs back down on the outside of the tube.. drill holes around the tube about 1/4" to 1/2" from one end.you glue that end of the tube in the output of the spicket. the other end connects to pumps output....appears to be a magical floating spicket...VERY COOL!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Heres an example.........
[ame]
double click on screen to go to youtube and see more

the cheap Harbor Freight pumps from pacific hydro are real inexpensive and some come with a flow adjustment valve for the pumps output...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the faucet has extra pipe in the the back so thinking sealant and a pipe clamp to make sure it holds tight and I have a small pump here that is 145 gph you think that may be to high or to low .I'm trying to make a list of parts so I can pick then up .It is supposed to be heavy rains here tomorrow so will pick tub up on thursday as Mike will put it on the trailer instead of trying to lift it up into the back of my truck .He just dropped off my cast iron pot belly stove today and man that sucker was heavy .I want to go get black paint for it too.I got the stove free and thought it was cute will take a pic when I get a chance it is out in the guest house now . Have to buy high heat paint and stone for the floor and get flue pipe .It's not really a pot belly not sure what the name is of it but similar to them .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ok the tube goes up into the faucet rather than the other way.But I can't see the tube at all

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
darn I like that too geeze what are you trying to do give me more ideas koiguy lol I went to look I got the galvinized can and have a faucet like that that I bought for my rain barrels may have tubing too darn it to many ideas

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
145gph should be fine..you may have to make it with a longer tube tho to control the flow you want it stay flowing down the outside of the tube. not spraying around it, so the tube doesnt show. unless you have a flow control on your pump.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The pump I have has the flow control right on the front so guess it should work fine since I can turn it up and down .I had to get the pump because I was not sure what it had .senior moment could not remember lol

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you can dig a small hole put in a piece of scrap pond liner or a container like a small tote, oil pan,etc.... put the pump in it. drill a hole in the bottom of your watering can, bucket or whatever, and put the tube up thru it, and seal it. fill the tote with stone, peagravel or whatever you choose and let the watering can set on top of the gravel, it will look like the fawcett is running and the water is over flowing into the ground.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
went to Danville to get the stuff I needed at least think I did lol I have an old galvinized wash tub also but no more ideas koiguy lol

Reaction score
Update ...

All my fish survived the incident. I haven't noticed anything (with the fish or pond) after the accident. The pond water is so clear after replacing almost 90% of the water. The previous owner never performed water changes, but I'll be changing the water from now on.

I appreciate all the assistance!

Gianni

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great glad to hear and hope all goes well as I know you were really wooried there for awhile

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hooray, Gianni, glad they made it and hope all goes smooth for you in the future. I bet those fish are smiling now :lol:

Ask a Question