koi varieties

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I have:1 Kikusui, 1Shusui butterfly, 1 Ginrin Yamabuchi Ogon butterfly, 1 Sanke, 1 Hariwake butterfly, 1orange Matsuba 2 imported japonese mixed, the silver in my avatar and 1 butterfly version of that....those are my 10 koi
I really would like a Kikokuryu but I'm done re-homing, I really want to see these that I have growing up, so unless one of them dyes, I won't buy any more.....I think:ROFLMAO:
I only have one koi that is a distinct breed / style...the other 3 are from our local fish hatchery. Those 3 are "pond mutts", but I love them ....they were my first koi :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
So the particular fish in the video above is 'worth' $2million? Why is it so special I wonder? It even has a split pectoral fin. There was music playing but no dialogue in the clip of the gold coloured koi I watched swimming around to explain its value, or have I missed some important detail here?
Plus if you are fortunate to have a spare million or two, there are certainly no rules and regulations as to where and what you chose to spend it on. Whether your purchases are thought by others to be frivolous, is also a matter of personal choice. I don't think I would spend that amount on a fish....if I had the money in the first place that is, but who knows?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's a pretty golden fish, but I doubt it is worth more than a few hundreds.
but...2 millions is not much to a billionaire, I can see some one that rich buying this fish for that much, just cause they can.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
If you go on-line and look for $2 million fish, most of the photos that you will find are of a fine looking specimen Kohaku. So if you believe everything on the internet, then there are multiple $2 million fish. Who knows, maybe you have on in your pond. Take a picture and post it on-line claiming that yours is really worth $3 million.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
If you go on-line and look for $2 million fish, most of the photos that you will find are of a fine looking specimen Kohaku. So if you believe everything on the internet, then there are multiple $2 million fish. Who knows, maybe you have on in your pond. Take a picture and post it on-line claiming that yours is really worth $3 million.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Crystal red ranchu is worth.....1 billion dollars.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
that video seems to be symbolic may be talking about some fish (in description of video he says long ginrin showa , while the fish is not showa in vid) but the fish in video can be different just guessing although the only way for a fish to b that expensive is through winning a champion ship , usually grand champs (all categories)in koi competitions are very expensive and 98% grand champs are from kohaku , sanke , showa . the other very expensive pet fish i know is arawana $400,000

Last edited:

Ask a Question