Landscaping foam

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have a couple cans of black waterfall foam that are expired. Think its safe to try and use? Never been opened.
Probably won't work. All of the pressure in the can has likely dissipated. Which is the problem that I mostly have with the less expensive foam. Entirely too many cans are 'Duds'.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Probably won't work. All of the pressure in the can has likely dissipated. Which is the problem that I mostly have with the less expensive foam. Entirely too many cans are 'Duds'.
I hate those "duds!" I got home with some once [the HD kind] and didn't realize until I got ready to use it that the "straw" was missing from the side of the can! Now I make sure to check for that!

@haver79, you could always try a can, just be ready to use it all.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a couple cans of black waterfall foam that are expired. Think its safe to try and use? Never been opened.
I had around 15 cans expired by three years, only one was a dud. I would try them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hint if you are going to use a lot of cans get one of the guns that attach to spray the foam out ,it saves your fingers and because the nozzle is longer and hard it is easier to direct it where you want it to go

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thank you but been away on a little trip and then home to get caught up with the work here .Last minute trip was a little surprise .Son did some of the stuff here but you know how that goes ,what they don't see does not exist

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you but been away on a little trip and then home to get caught up with the work here .Last minute trip was a little surprise .Son did some of the stuff here but you know how that goes ,what they don't see does not exist
Understand completely! Just glad to have you back!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome back @sissy ! Happy to see you!

And I second that - we bought the gun for applying the spray foam and it works great. Plus you don't have to use the whole can - as long as you clean the applicator you can store the rest of the unused can for later.

As for "expired" cans I would totally test them - you'll know right off the bat if the can is bad.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
A question on this stuff. Is it safe to use the foam between a rock and the liner? If you want it to come off, does it come off the liner easily (for repositioning something)?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
A question on this stuff. Is it safe to use the foam between a rock and the liner? If you want it to come off, does it come off the liner easily (for repositioning something)?
Yes, to getting it off the liner, but no to getting it off the rock.

Reaction score
Have you ever used this foam stuff (like Great Stuff in the can)? Once you open a can and start to use it, you have to use it all as it doesn't "keep" like caulk and such will. Unless someone knows something I don't know about it, that is.....

I use a can over and over if I don't use the whole can. Wouldn't use on a pond, but great to fill cracks in the house....and to build reptile hides ;)

Ask a Question