addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I did call this company called Pond Pro 2000 and they have this liquid rubber EPDM
Sounds like that would be your best option, try to do patches on the tears. I have deer walk in my stream, so far the liner has held up. Mine is a ppl liner,

and
3d_text_3.gif
to our group!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Something walked across my pond in the spring leaving a torn liner. It was certainly some large animal with big paws, my guesses include bear, fisher cat or deer, each tear is about 3-6" around. ...

I'm surprised by this. I've had moose in my pond, (like you can see in my avatar) and there's been no damage. Clay bottom, like yours.
I'm wondering if the clay under your liner isn't wet and soft which would make it more susceptible to damage.
Maybe try to divert some surface runoff in the future away from your pond to maybe get the clay underneath to dry out and harden up .

Reaction score
IMHO, finding the holes, cleaning them thoroughly and applying primer and a quality patch is the way to go.

Sealing an entire seam is a bummer.

BEARS?

MOOSE? ( What's the plural for moose?..... mooses? meese? )

Biggest creatures we have roaming around here in Katy, Texas ( West of Houston ) might be a rogue squirrel or a skunk..... :D

Good luck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I may just have the answer to your problem eckling 221 we know of an aquatic sealant made in the UK
It is a product called gold that is fish safe and can be used to seal your pond even underwater :-

http://www.huttonaquaticproducts.co.uk/gold-label/

Read the instructions for use we used it to seal our bottom drain to the pond and I believe it is available in the US and Canada :-

http://www.absolute-koi.com/pdf/goldlabelinfo.pdf

I hope this helps you with your problem punctures however I'd suggest fencing your pond off and make it anti moose

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question