Liner finalization

Reaction score
If you are going to overhang the pond with precast slabs,be careful of the leached cement that comes out with rainfall.I know someone who had a constant problem with the water readings,and it was proved to be black precast slabs.

Natural stone is best and fill in with rapid hardening cement.You could use wood to make a collar around to hide the liner,it looks really nice I have seen this done,and it was so cheap also.They finished off using plants in terracotta planters.

Don't rush it take your time,or you will regret the rush.

Reaction score
One major pond vendor has a good website with quite a bit of solid information, in my humble opinion. They recommend a product called White Mountain Stone Lacquer to seal cement. I'm going to buy a gallon and seal em.

Today my neighbor and I visited two purveyors of stone products and out of sheer desire to move on and a pretty good match for stones we decided on a 16X16 precast paver. this allows it to overhang on the inside by 2 inches and outside by one. I'll trim away the angles on the front side pieces so they butt up together closely. I think it's going to look fine.

I'm also going to stain these stones a bit darker color before I seal them. When wet they already are a charcoal color, but I want to try and deepen it a bit.

Ask a Question