sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What do you think of these new alpine eco pumps they just started selling on webbs .They talk about a new vortex impellar type .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Vortext impeller has advantage it can take dense and solids easily as its creating a whirlpool effect of water inside , the efficiency is lower http://www.grundfos.com/service/encyclopedia-search/vortex-impeller.html

basicaly whichever the pump is , height and distance , turns in piping will lower the pressure . the pressure listed on box is withhout any resistance so it may go half or 1/3 when we install it depending on factors. as in article some designs will have less effect of it some more .

vortex impeller
upload_2017-2-3_22-52-53.jpeg

Last edited:

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Interesting article, but I find it much easier initially to just consult the pump's performance chart as supplied by the manufacturer and then just add in friction loss.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
webbs on the chart they have say the new vortex alpine models use a lot less electricity and if they handle solids better then that could be a good advantage .Since they are new on webbs sight makes me wonder about them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
webbs on the chart they have say the new vortex alpine models use a lot less electricity and if they handle solids better then that could be a good advantage .Since they are new on webbs sight makes me wonder about them
what is the model full name ... hmm it can be just marketing or can b true , best way is to check there watts and G/h then compare it with other companies with same watts and Galons per hour , dont concentrate on its innitial cost as the cost of electricity in a year will exceed that if its taking too much .

for example Rio plus 2100 takes around 30 watts(220) and gives 690 G/h its very energy efficient , on othe other hand there can be a pump that takes 30watts and pumps 600g/h its taking more power
1700_2100_models_resize._V376684945_.jpg

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
eco sphere and eco twist are the 2 they have on the webbs sight and says they come with a 3 year warranty also several models since there are several gph 's the 2800 gph one says MPN2800 and uses 80 watts .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
eco sphere and eco twist are the 2 they have on the webbs sight and says they come with a 3 year warranty also several models since there are several gph 's the 2800 gph one says MPN2800 and uses 80 watts .
its stats are amazing i read it ,very very low consumption of watts ... just its 100$ more expensive then other pumps of its specs, but i think it will be good investment in long term . 1st i didnt believe how it could be that economical but they are saying it has real magnet in impeller that helps .
Alpine Eco-Sphere Pump 2800 GPH (MPN PUR2800) - Best Prices on Everything for Ponds and Water Gardens - Webb's Water Gardens
http://www.webbsonline.com/Item/12800

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have laguna and they are energy efficient also .My 2900 gph one right now is only using 80 watts and the 24 gph one is using less .I like the cage around the pump as it gives me a handle to hang the pump from .I guess pond pump makers are starting to realize they need more efficient ones

Ask a Question