Look what I found...Babies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Previously the pond was full of pea soup. These days the pond in under shade cloth completely because of hot summer and now within a week the water is crystal clear.
Yesterday I was picking the string algae from the roots of umbrella palm. Suddenly I noticed some kind of tiny(0.5mm) larve, First I thought may be they're of mosquito or dragonfly.
But their movement was different from mosquito larvae, also they don't have legs like dragonflies.
Now I'm Sure that they are fish fry, to make sure of it I checked on google images and found them.
(It my first time with fish babies)
Took some pictures
IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG
IMG_0692.JPG

Now today found one more baby, it seems elder than previous one. It has got tail, fins, more developed body etc.
IMG_0693.JPG

Now I want to know whose fry are they, as I have 2 red caps and 2 shubunkins. Can we tell by looking at them?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
My shubunkins always show color as fry, the goldfish tend to be plain or black. They show color at a small size. A bit bigger than yours are right now.
Alright, so I can assume that they are from red caps.

However, I've never thought that I could see them in my pond.
I'm happy now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
What fun!!!!!!
And isn't it funny that almost every creature is very cute as a baby? Cute little baby fish!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
comet fry can vary in colours depending on genes , i have different types of shubunken sarasa all mixed so some of my fry are white to orange black grey to patches ,
we need DNA test its prolly commet fry as u can see its tail is bifurcated in 2 and fantail fry has tail like triangle in 3 segments and has rounded body well that becomes apparent after a week
shOw us there parents

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
What fun!!!!!!
And isn't it funny that almost every creature is very cute as a baby? Cute little baby fish!
yess its amazing i used to think same , even animals which we dislike have cute babies , see baby rat , snake r still cute , have u seen baby elephant its so funy

Ask a Question