Looking to buy pond skimmer/waterfall box

Reaction score
I am trying to build another pond but money is the issue so I was wondering if anyone had a skimmer/waterfall box they are no longer using. If so please tell me what size and how much thanks Amber

Reaction score
Hubby could easily do that for sure..anyone else have pictures of one they have built? How do people cover the barrel? Thanks in advance.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I just built a structure around mine out of loose construction block as seen in the photos. Then I used the mortarless block wall material that dirt is visble in the spaces and I planted a ground cover I call "Wirey Vine". It grew fast and hides the structure, making it look natural. Show your hubby the photos, he will see how easy it is to build.
Between the brick structures, I backfilled with dirt.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my first filter was just a simple tote with holes drilled in it for hoses to come in and for water to go out and filter media inside it and just stick the lid back on top you can put it up on waterfall or you can put an adapter coming out with a hose going to the pond as old marine did and several others here it is up to you how cheap you want to go if your pond is going to be bigger than I would go with what DrDave suggests tank adapters at tractor supply here start at 8 dollars and I saw one on here for the hose used a long dish washing machine drain hose and I saw the at lowes for 10 dollars .They even come with the adapters and hose clamps and it comes in a plastic bag ,The more area you have in tank to clean the better

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am going to use DrDave's idea on the other pond at rental house

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
stocktanks work great also and are low profile...i have one of each, 70gal stocktank outside for a lower profile waterfall and a 55gal on my basement pond....absolutely no complaints on either.
theres several build threads in the DIY section.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
stock tanks are great but not cheap and barrels here I can get them free in Danville .They are white but I don't care what color as long as it works

Ask a Question