lost another one!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
For now I've stopped trying to figure it out but this goldfish had yellow running down one side and was missing scales. With my water conditions being perfect and good oxygen, I'm assuming my fish had sickness and that's what's been killing them. I have 3 med goldfish and a small koi left, so all I can do is sit back and watch them. Any ideas on what the fish may have had?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but what is the temperature of your water, and does the pond have shade?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
For now I've stopped trying to figure it out but this goldfish had yellow running down one side and was missing scales. With my water conditions being perfect and good oxygen, I'm assuming my fish had sickness and that's what's been killing them. I have 3 med goldfish and a small koi left, so all I can do is sit back and watch them. Any ideas on what the fish may have had?
Could you post a photograph please Johnny the yellow was under the scales yes ?

Dave

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Johnny d. The reason I was asking about your water temp...... I checked mine early yesterday evening and it was 90.8F. Also [almost] full sun, but I have a lot of water movement via air stones, spitters, and flow from turtle bog and skippy. Plus my pond is much deeper than yours. Am now in a state of EMERGENCY to get the pond shaded, ASAP!

Our heat index yesterday was 115% [don't know the actual temp], so I know you guys down south have to be having it bad, as well!

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Johnny d. The reason I was asking about your water temp...... I checked mine early yesterday evening and it was 90.8F. Also [almost] full sun, but I have a lot of water movement via air stones, spitters, and flow from turtle bog and skippy. Plus my pond is much deeper than yours. Am now in a state of EMERGENCY to get the pond shaded, ASAP!

Our heat index yesterday was 115% [don't know the actual temp], so I know you guys down south have to be having it bad, as well!
We are but after the sun was going down I checked the temp and was pleasantly surprised that the pond was much cooler then I thought.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We are but after the sun was going down I checked the temp and was pleasantly surprised that the pond was much cooler then I thought.
OK, but please put yourself in "emergency mode," you know, like you have to do with hurricanes [be prepared!] etc., just in case. This [water temp emergency] was the last thing I thought I would have to worry about -- and now it's reality!

EDIT: It was 7pm last night when mine was reading 90.8! That's per a digital probe thermometer that stays in place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
No pic but his whole side was yellow and missing scales and had a round spot about the size of a dime with redness.he did have light yellowing starting on the other side.
Photo's can tell you alot if you know what your looking for Johnny thats why I asked you to take one it can give an idea of what is wrong and froom that we coulld work out a plan for the others .
Maggie says temperature is a problem in your area could you tell me how deep your pond is mate forgive me if you've already posted that out , I have short term memory problems due to the Morphine I have to take daily and fybromyagia.

Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its
Photo's can tell you alot if you know what your looking for Johnny thats why I asked you to take one it can give an idea of what is wrong and froom that we coulld work out a plan for the others .
Maggie says temperature is a problem in your area could you tell me how deep your pond is mate forgive me if you've already posted that out , I have short term memory problems due to the Morphine I have to take daily and fybromyagia.

Dave
It's 95° plus and my pond is 2 ft deep. My water temp yesterday afternoon was 76° which is not bad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
It may wel be a combination of the warm weather on a shallow pond Johnny that is taking your fish over the edge , is there any way you can add shade over the pond .

Ask a Question