j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That nice big flat rock on top does the trick to make your falls look fine along w/ all the ones around the sides. Now you will be able to swim right along side the fishes and I love that swimming pool............makes me long for a nice hot summer
pool7.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'd never be able to get myself to turn that big beauty of a pool into a pond. I love to swim too much for that
diving76.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
love the pond ledges you put in they are nice and neat but be very careful with the pool being so close as your liner has to be in good shape you do not want that for sure

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, love things made out of rocks. What kind of rock is it?

I have a sandstone couch, each end of the couch is over 150 lbs. Sure don't move it often to clean under.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like that looks so natural what are you doing for benches or chairs.I like your pond in the background and is that stained concrete under your table it is a pretty area.Glad you posted this

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice strong table will live forever after we are all dead and gone :)
Just think............hundreds of yrs from now that table will belong to some futuristic peeps enjoying their squeeze packs of chemical goodies :)

Reaction score
kpromero said:
Thanks addy1. Now to try to keep it as clean as it is in the picture.

Not sure if it is good to do but i purchased a car wash brush and have been brushing the bottom and sides.

Actually, it's not a good idea. One thing that makes a pond a good ecosystem for fish is the nice biofilm that develops over all the surfaces. This will contain a variety of algae, bacteria, protozoa, and little animals much of which make tasty fresh food for fish and also slurp up all sorts of chemicals in the water that don't do your fish any good.

Your best housekeeping is to vacuum up the loose crud from the bottom of the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thats about all I do to is just clean up the muck on the bottom .It's easier that way .But I am going to get the black trapdoor snails and a garra pingi pingi this spring .They can clean the pond and get fat

Reaction score
Thanks all for the help.
addy1 - not sure the type of stone, but had to get it. It is a brown and rust colored look. The legs have some spots of green in color also

Sissy- have not decided on chairs yet. Also my patio is stained which I did 3 years ago and holding up very well.

Reaction score
Thanks all for the help.
addy1 - not sure the type of stone, but had to get it. It is a brown and rust colored look. The legs have some spots of green in color also

Sissy- have not decided on chairs yet. Also my patio is stained which I did 3 years ago and holding up very well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh that stain held up well then I really like the color and you are going to enjoy sitting out at that table and enjoying the pond too and the pool .great job a great find

Ask a Question