MASS SHOOTING AT MOVIE RELEASE IN COLORADO

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm sure most of you have heard by now .... Words can't describe the way I feel. I have a teenage son who is going to see the movie in a couple of hours with his friend-girl. Surely this was a random act, and I know he'll be OK, but a mom can't help but worry as there are so many crazies out there!

I am praying for the victims & their families. The Christian in me says I should pray for the shooter, but it's hard.

Reaction score
yes.. so crazy.. my wife texted me this morning about it and then i got the news feed on phone..watching now to try and hear more of what's going on..police of course don't and shouldn't speculate anything but this is a terrible tragedy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Terrible,sad and everything else horrible I can think of to describe these things happening all too often! People just wanting to go see a movie, relax, eat some popcorn and enjoy the day. Then wham their lives are changed forever, some gone for good, others left w/ the shock and pain of dealing w/ what they saw and heard. Never can get that day out of their minds as long as they live. I agree TM it is hard to even think of praying for the shooter and his family but if we believe as Christians that that's what God would want us to do then I guess we pray and hope something good comes from it all and His plan continues on to the end of time. We will know why hopefully when we get to Heaven. I'm putting my request in to Him to know why all these things happen anyways. Right now I can't see the forest through the trees but it's all in His hands and not ours! I don't think..............just me thinking anyways, that God wants these things to happen, but I think He allows these things to happen as He does have the control. We do have free will given to us so we do make choices and some people make bad choices for some reason. Guess this world is not perfect and these things will continue on. If it were perfect then why would we ever want to get to Heaven?

Reaction score
no disrespect to you j.w. that's something that has always bugged me too... just can't wrap my head around comments like the guy who shot Travon Martin saying "it was Gods' will or God told me to do it" if we say and or know he is all powerful. Then why would he need us to do acts of violence like that through other people, when he could just say... do it himself through an act of nature or something. know the other side could be that that is power, making others do as you want. But just saying...the whole religion thing just makes me say hmmm....

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Just saw this on the local news. We had a shooting in a food court in a mall near Toronto about two weeks ago. One young lady had just finished her lunch, and seconds after she left, the bullets started to fly. She considered herself extremely lucky! Last night that same young lady was in a theatre in Aurora, Colorado. She was among the casualties.
And this past weekend a few neighbours in the same suburb (Scarborough) were having a block party for the local kids when a couple of gang-bangers decided to settle a score with guns. When the smoke cleared, two people lay dead and 23 others were injured. Sorry, j.w., but I'll go with the "eye for an eye" school of thought. Too bad Canada no longer has a death penalty.
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You want all the answers like lots do and can't say I blame you but I believe there is a plan that is in play and maybe we are just not capable of understanding it..............yet............ till maybe we get to Heaven or maybe we are not meant to understand it. People say lots of things like Travon Martin............it does not mean that God approves of it, just means he allows it for some reason, like I said we aren't allowed or aren't capable of understanding. You can't know everything but God can and if you believe like I do that He is in charge and have faith that in the end all that has happened will be made right, not that he wanted bad things to happen but that it can be worked out for the good in the end plan. I just have to have faith and believe in Him and His plan and leave it in His hands..........they are much bigger than mine :)

Romans 8:28

King James Version (KJV)

[sup]28 [/sup]And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have lost to many family to stupidity and seeing these things makes me wonder about people more and more .What is wrong with a world where a person can take the life of another and then not only the murder victims family suffers but so does the family of the person who chooses to do this .Sad when the world comes to this and same goes for war ,we are all fighting for the same thing peace and the right to safety .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Haro I believe in the death penalty also. Just because I do does not mean I can't pray for people who commit horrendous crimes. There is always a chance that their soul can be saved. They still need the punishment of death but I don't believe that anyone has to be kept from Heaven if they truly repent and come to know Christ. Not trying to preach, just saying what the bible says:

Romans 3:23

King James Version (KJV)

[sup]23 [/sup]For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

God says there is no one on this earth in human kind that has not sinned and one sin is no greater than another. Of course to us there is but God will forgive anyone who truly asks for forgiveness and I hope that I can also as being a Christian I am to try and be like Him.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I say this I may be able to forgive but I will never be able to forget .NEVER ,everyone looses

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
Just my little rant....

They need to bring back the death penalty and legalize marijuana. I have never smoked pot in my life, never done an illegal drug in my life so I'm not saying this as a druggy. They (the government) has allowed the public to buy cigs and alcoho. They tax the hell out of it, but they are making some money on it. Some of the most violent crimes have been over drugs. Most prision overcrowding is because of drugs. Its a person choice to smoke or drink beer or whatever your posion of choice is. They should legalize pot, tax it and make it just as available smokes and booze. You hardly ever hear about about a person being high and mowing down a group of people, but you do hear about people being drunk and mowing down a group of nuns leaving a strip club. My point is that if you legalize pot, the goverment will make money from it, it will (hopefully) ease the violent drug crimes and reduce prision overcrowding for the people that deserve to be there. And also, send all of the sex offenders to a remote island. They can offend each other and be happy with it.

End rant.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
but you do hear about people being drunk and mowing down a group of nuns leaving a strip club. .

What are nuns doing leaving a strip club? :)

fun fact... I just found out google chrome doesn't do anything when I hit the quote button, I'll have to try it at home to make sure its just not our net filter here at work.

Ask a Question