Random Massive Bubble attack?

Reaction score
Came home to my pond and I saw ALL these bubbles.. From time to time id see some from the water fall but tonight it was just everywhere and clumped together. What could it be? Someone said organic matter? Not really understanding that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 335
Reaction score
I don't know, I just installed a waterfall for the first time and it's only been running for about a week, so I'm not much help.

I hope something didn't pee in your pond or anything :eek::yuck::jawdrop:
All these dam BUGS keep flying it and it sure did rain just now. I don't know if it's a cause of all these bubbles.

ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
6-7 inches, in my experience, is definitely big enough(for fish to breed). The first time my fish bred I was caught so off guard because I had one 8 inch female and all of my males were only 5 to 6 inches, but it happened. Whether that is the case here or not, it certainly is possible!

Reaction score
6-7 inches, in my experience, is definitely big enough(for fish to breed). The first time my fish bred I was caught so off guard because I had one 8 inch female and all of my males were only 5 to 6 inches, but it happened. Whether that is the case here or not, it certainly is possible!
Hmm, my largest one is a male I THINK.. Has the features of a male but I could be wrong! If so he/she is a hariwake! I hope they do!! And I pray this isn't nothing crazy

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It could be dissolved organic compounds (DOCs). Decaying plants, animals and soil runoff release dissolved organic carbon into pond water. These compounds decrease the surface tension of water - producing bubbles that adhere together to create foam. We get some foam from decaying trout poo, dead algae, tree debris etc. churned up by our waterfall. It all collects in our skimmer box. The rain you had could have caused it - either from soil runoff or DOCs in the rain itself. It comes and goes over time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
What Troutredds said, plus the gasses release over night so do you notice it is worse in the morning?

It could be dissolved organic compounds (DOCs). Decaying plants, animals and soil runoff release dissolved organic carbon into pond water. These compounds decrease the surface tension of water - producing bubbles that adhere together to create foam. We get some foam from decaying trout poo, dead algae, tree debris etc. churned up by our waterfall. It all collects in our skimmer box. The rain you had could have caused it - either from soil runoff or DOCs in the rain itself. It comes and goes over time.

Reaction score

Hm, thats weird it might be the lily flower that i accidently broke off.. Not sure..
Is it harmful to my fishes?

What Troutredds said, plus the gasses release over night so do you notice it is worse in the morning?
It was pretty bad at night when i woke up it remained bad.. but my water is getting alot dirtier. (New pond) bacteria is now here

Ask a Question