Michigan Puddingstones

B

Burd

Yes some there look like it. The one looks like a Moon Rock. Do you see any lunar tics on that one?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes some there look like it. The one looks like a Moon Rock. Do you see any lunar tics on that one?

You mean the reddish ones w/the bumps? I got those from @addy1 's in Arizona when she was selling a house there. Not sure what lunar ticks are?

B

Burd

Here’s the GF’s collection.
9B629A6B-0E21-4593-BD73-FFF513126B79.jpeg
2C39E451-70D5-4730-9365-DB8AF9567AFB.jpeg
FED55BB5-0657-4D10-99EE-0CC116656748.jpeg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh @Burd my mouth is wide open in awe of those gorgeous rocks to die for! Did she find those all in Michigan or is she a rock hauler like me,lol!

B

Burd

I think she said she got them all in Michigan. Now, she does live next to a rock quarry. Lol. There is a few large ones In there you would need heavy equip to get.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks like a cookie w/yummy things inside ready to squish down and bake :happy:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
conglomerate stones are always so pretty. I never heard them called pudding stones
There usually found in old river beds as the rocks within are generally round from being in a fast flowing stream or river bed where they are polished . Then they get deposited into a sandy area or clay based and buried. Add a whole lot of pressure a million years and you have stones cemented in a time. Much like a fossil .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'll have to start collecting them on certain jobs they are everywhere i could make a small fortune. The most amazing rock we have unearthed we latter found out was used at the base of the statue of liberty. The story as i was told was they searched the world for just the right rock and they ended up finding the rock i don't believe it was bassalt but it was black and it had medium sized mica flake in it . I had some in my trailer when i went to pick up some boulders when i was building the pond. I traded it in a heart beat for big plain jane boulders . that stuff was a bit to flashy for me. The first boulders i got my hands or were conglomerate rocks 4 foot tall about a foot and a half to 2 foot thick but they were Dark gray with white mica balls. A bit too flashy again for what i was looking for a finl product they are all at the bottom of the pond in the deep end. Some can be seen in the video on page 20. Seeing as most rocks will become similar in color due to peach fuzz thats where they went right to the bottoms sides as they were biggins.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LOL no wonder so many were making coments when i was collecting all my rocks were are a bunch of rock lovers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LOL i actually had just posted this photo and on another post and it is showing the only piece of conglomerate rock that's not at the bottom of the pond. that too is no small rock it's about 3 feet tall . One of the neighbors to our project asked if i could make a pile of rocks disappear for him and i could not project wise but i bought the dump trailer and made his boulders disapeer it was the start to the rock craze.
SAJ_0184.jpg

Ask a Question