Million dollar idea!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We all need to get our heads together and create a new product- Stop Leak for ponds!
Think of the money we could make. I would be the first customer. We chased 3 deer from the pond area this morning and are now losing 1" an hour from the old pond. It is wood framed and mostly above ground. No sign of where the water is leaking so I'm thinking a tear in the bottom. We were planning on rebuilding the pond next year as it is 12-15 years old. I don't want to have to do a rebuild this year so I may just drop in a new liner over the old.Will see what the morning brings.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It's 1:30am, just checked the water level and it has slowed thank goodness. Ordered another liner and will reinforce the frame and maybe dig the shallow end out a bit more. There were a lot of large tree roots when we dug the original pond. The trees were all cut down so I'm hoping the roots have died off. We were planning on selling most of the fish from that pond this year anyway so I guess it will be an early sale.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use the bend tarp and liner for my pond, from oregon, it is tough enough to resist their little hooves.
Sorry to hear mrsclem..............good luck with your fix.

I also double lined the stream bed, since they enjoy walking in it.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Think I may have found the leak. Found a 1" cut in the liner just below where the water level stopped. Can I use PL roof cement and a piece of liner for a patch or should I get a regular liner patch kit? Hopefully only one hole!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I never could get the pl roof cement to attach to my liner. Ended up using some white stuff, blank on name, bought at home depot for boat repair. 5100 or something like that. It states boat repair, and good for underwater, found in the caulk glue section.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ok- Put a patch on using the PL roof cement and a piece of liner on Monday. Water level is holding, so far so good. The liner we ordered will be here today so we can rebuild the pond when we want. (Not any time soon!)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well at least you found the leak and I know hat you mean by deer I had to get a water trough at tractor supply for the deer to keep them from drinking from my pond and mine is right next to the front porch and they used to just walk up and take a slurp

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
mrsclem said:
Ok- Put a patch on using the PL roof cement and a piece of liner on Monday. Water level is holding, so far so good. The liner we ordered will be here today so we can rebuild the pond when we want. (Not any time soon!)

Great mrsclem, my liner just did not like the pl.............

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
It is a little late now, but I would have cleaned the patch and area to be patched with acetone before using the adhesive. If you have to re-do it, do this.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thanks Dr. Dave, I cleaned the liner really well & then cleaned it with mineral spirits. That what the PL said to use. Hopefully it will hold for a while.

Ask a Question