Mini livebearer pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's better to have light shining though. I use plastic and this year I will stick bubble wrap over plastic as well so pond will not be in darkness unless extremely cold, then I will cover with blankets and snow. Some plants cannot winter well if dark for too long.
My mother had stage 7 Dementia and I have reversed and she now talks well and knows what's going on. She reads the paper and tells me the news. There was a time last year before CBD oil, and she was completely catatonic and could not talk, eat or respond. She eats very well now and I am so proud of her now
I don't currently have any plants. Would I need to have plants for oxygenation purposes for the fish?

I wonder if a waterproof grow light on a timer under the cover would be helpful or just create a nasty algae problem to deal with in the spring? My "reef" aquarium light over my freshwater tank caused me quite a bit of algae issues for a while until I figured out not to turn it on for more than 6 hours a day.

Ad

Advertisements

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I don't currently have any plants. Would I need to have plants for oxygenation purposes for the fish?

I wonder if a waterproof grow light on a timer under the cover would be helpful or just create a nasty algae problem to deal with in the spring? My "reef" aquarium light over my freshwater tank caused me quite a bit of algae issues for a while until I figured out not to turn it on for more than 6 hours a day.
A tank looks Fuzzy and green with alage but one does not notice the alage in a pond as long as it's not too long and out of control.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question