Mint for bogs...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
There is one aquatic mint, Mentha aquatica which thrives with roots in water all year round. Mints that fail in ponds may be hybrid types which are not really aquatic

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ahh ok so that's the problem? Can't drown the crown?

I would start it in the very edge of your bog - it will move a bit deeper as it grows, but really is more of a damp soil grower. Hence the reason it loves to migrate out of my bog!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My mint grows in the pond, grows in the bog, grows on land. I let it grow, it is great bee food in the fall.
I have a volunteer mint that grows as a tall clump, bird poo probably, more of it is taking off, I am letting it. No clue on the type. But the bees do swarm it in the fall and it is pretty!

If it gets into the lawn smells great when you mow!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
My mint grows in the pond, grows in the bog, grows on land. I let it grow, it is great bee food in the fall.
I have a volunteer mint that grows as a tall clump, bird poo probably, more of it is taking off, I am letting it. No clue on the type. But the bees do swarm it in the fall and it is pretty!

If it gets into the lawn smells great when you mow!
How are you avoiding those bee stings?

Ask a Question