MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That's nice @Meyer Jordan. And, I will do that next time, but I went out to my shed after you posted this to double check, and that is not on the box. Remember, as I stated earlier, I have had this box of Miracle-Gro for about a dozen years ago or so. I was going with what I read here.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You sure nothing got hold of the plants and ate the roots .I had a frog in one of my buckets and a lizard and all the roots where gone on some of mine also and I figured it was either the lizard or frog .I even had a deer eat mine out of the bucket .I have the gallon containers of fish stuff but use it on my yard .Even had a bird eat mine and a poor mouse get in the tub when the water was low .He destroyed them trying to get out

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
You sure nothing got hold of the plants and ate the roots .I had a frog in one of my buckets and a lizard and all the roots where gone on some of mine also and I figured it was either the lizard or frog .I even had a deer eat mine out of the bucket .I have the gallon containers of fish stuff but use it on my yard .Even had a bird eat mine and a poor mouse get in the tub when the water was low .He destroyed them trying to get out

Clarify this for us @sissy . Which is the dosage that you use? Tablespoon or Teaspoon? In what size container? 3 gallon, 5 gallon or a stock tank?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use 3 or 4 tablespoons in a concrete mixing tub and I put in lots of plants though .That is why I show pics most times .I do use a 5 gallon bucket of water in it .Usually have to add more water after a day or two or it rains ad fills it up .I never pay much attention to the water after it is in the tub unless I remember .Concrete mixing tubs are cheap and sturdy but sometimes I do put them in a stock tank also
pics on durecell back up 1038.JPG

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I use 3 or 4 tablespoons in a concrete mixing tub and I put in lots of plants though .That is why I show pics most times .I do use a 5 gallon bucket of water in it .Usually have to add more water after a day or two or it rains ad fills it up .I never pay much attention to the water after it is in the tub unless I remember .Concrete mixing tubs are cheap and sturdy but sometimes I do put them in a stock tank also View attachment 101698

What is the capacity (gallons) of these mixing tubs?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They don't say on them but I can put 4 _5 gallon buckets in the one and still have room for more but the newer one is smaller and can only handle 3 _ 5 gallon buckets and it is over full .Never checked to see how much they really hold .But they give the plants room to spread out .Only bad part water does heat up in them just like in the buckets and can burn the plants so try to put them where they only get 2 or 3 hours of sun .The water can get really hot in buckets or these tubs .Worst is putting the plant in cold water and then fertilizer and then water heats up and even worse I think when you use city water and fertilizer .I try to use rain water I collect instead of my well water ,save the pump

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States

Nothing got hold of the plants. I used a 5 gallon bucket with 3 to 3 1/2 gallons of water and about 1 1/2 or less of Miracle-Gro. I kept the bucket in the shade under my deck. I was able to rescue 6 of the babies...roots almost gone...and threw them back in my pond in a floating ring in the shade. Today, they looked like they were getting tiny leaves in the center that are green.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Giving it a go with the powder fertilizer. I guess with all the plants and minimal fish they are suffering in my pond.Some plants are thriving some are lagging.

Here ismy take...14 gallons of water and 7 teaspoons of 24-8-16 food.

Trying the 1/2 teaspoon per gallon ratio.

Day one. Partial shade only a few hours of sun.

20170704_153930.jpg

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
funny how plants will die if they do not get enough fish waste but then pond water can suffer from over feeding the fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
6 DAYS...STARTING to get some new dark green growth but going slower than I would expect but no damage to them so guess that's a good thing. Just still not looking the best.
20170710_181643.jpg
Should I add more fertilizer or just play the waiting game a bit longer?
Thoughts on when to add more ferilizer?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
6 DAYS...STARTING to get some new dark green growth but going slower than I would expect but no damage to them so guess that's a good thing. Just still not looking the best. View attachment 101941 Should I add more fertilizer or just play the waiting game a bit longer?
Thoughts on when to add more ferilizer?

Fertilize as you would any other plant. Follow the directions on the package. Do not overfertilize.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used some water from my pond also and use pond water to start my lotus plants

Ask a Question