I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha addy you finally named him!
Watch out now Alvarero cuz your fish are in plain site as addy said and Harry and his friends will fly over and look down and they have really keen eye site and the patience of Job as we have all seen in addy's video's and at some of our own ponds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
J.W. I noticed that now my fish are hiding more than before. I have a large pot at the bottom of the pond and they like to hide in and around it. Maybe I will put some more structure in the pond to give them more hiding places.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good idea Alvarero! You are lucky cuz you are in Florida where the plants grow all year round. You can fix it so they have lots of places to hide. But still keep in mind that the heron will stand and wait forever for them to come out of hiding and they have to eventually and he is one fast fishing bird!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
and crafty and patient and persistent ..........

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
So as far as the miracle grow. I have to say the plants are growing like crazy. Yes the water is green. Not neon green but if there were fish to be seen well, they wouldn't be visible. I have plenty of tadpoles swimming in the water so I don't think half a sleeve of mg to 80 gallons of water is toxic to tadpoles. As I move to making my bog I am considering moving my biggest lily to the koi pond. In the past the fish destroyed to plant. Maybe some netting or wire mesh will protect the plant. The roots are very healthy so I believe it could work. Are there any recommendations for protecting the plant from the koi in my big pond?

Rob

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Rob; try a hula-hoop sized floating ring with mesh attatched and tied around the lily pot. Don't give the mesh too much slack. John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Thank you John. I put a plant in yesterday afternoon and today it was shredded. I think I saw a smile on the Koi fish as they swam by. I have to rehab the plant before I try again. Rob

Ask a Question