Moving Water

Reaction score
One of the big things I looked forward to when building my pond was the sound of moving water. I have a mini-waterfall at one end, burbling out of a rocky berm. The sound of flowing water is very soothing and relaxing to me.

What kind of moving water affects do you have with your pond? A fountain? A waterfall? A man-made stream?

Reaction score
I would like to add a small water feature at some point but I dont have one at the moment. A small fountain would be nice as I have some fish and the bubbles would provide extra oxygen.

Reaction score
My goal is to have a waterfall/stream running from an upper pond to a lower pond, with a small waterfall into the lower pond as well. Not a big project, I know :).

Reaction score
That sounds great kelkat. Impressive!

Yeah, I know a spray or even a fountain would aerate better, but I'm going for all-natural looking, and natural ponds just don't have fountains in them :)

Reaction score
Old Faithful would argue with you on that :).

I live next to a large steam and had decided to forego anything in the front yard relating to water. But it's just so wonderful that I had to put it back in my plans. Running water makes every garden that much better!

Reaction score
:)

That is one thing I'd love to build - a stream. It would come and go from no where, but I would love to have a fake stream in my yard... perhaps between two ponds. Of course, a real stream would be better! But alas...

Reaction score
We have streams, a creek, and five artesian wells (did I mention we live in the woods). The frogs are deafening just after the rain! Not that I've heard much out of them this summer.

I still want to build something closer to the house. I think it would be possible to make it look very natural!

Reaction score
I hadn't thought of the saund of moving water, but I was going to put in a waterfall. This is a great idea and will add to the relaxation.

Reaction score
The more we talk about it, the more I want to get out right now and get started. If only the weather would cooperate. With fall comes work weather. Maybe fall will make an appearance soon.

Reaction score
The sound of moving water is So relaxing, every garden should have a little corner with a small pond to relax.

Reaction score
I have a small waterfall and decided I needed more aeration so added a bubbler and then had a old pitcher pump that we rigged up as a spitter. I love them all and the fish were very happy with the additions! Also sounds great and I relax with a glass of wine by the pond at every opportunity!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Here is the 2nd water fall I have on mine. This one runs 24/7. The top is actually a 55 gallon drum made into a biological filter.

Attachments

• New waterfall Dec 07.pdf
    269.5 KB · Views: 313

Ask a Question