My 11000L koi pond w.sleepers build - pics etc..

Reaction score
DSC00990.jpg

DSC00987.jpg

DSC00988.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

Reaction score
i was considering making a fibreglass type 'tray' to slot in, making it wider to allow for a pump upgrade in the future, thanks for the suggestions and ill have a look.

would quite like to make a 'devon' like stream with lots of disused quarry slate and granite - would look more natural i think

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful job. It has established very nicely.

Reaction score
today i thought id sort out the subsidance issue i have.

When i built it, the front right corner was just over 1" too low, due to me blagging the build without a spirit level, since filling it up the extra mass has caused it to sink further.

Sunk the water down to ground level, about 4000L flooding my entire lawn, made myself a wooden wedge, slegdged it under the sleepers and stacked up slate under. That corner is actually raised 4" higher than before although doesnt look it. Should be able to get 2" more level on the pond now. Testiment to the build of the sleepers, that corner joint took the 400kg+ weight of wood when being chocked up!!

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

Ask a Question