My absence

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your warm wishes, that really means a lot :)

I was discharged from hospital on Wednesday which I was really pleased about as I found it really difficult to sleep there, it's so nice to be home. I can't sit down for long and when I lie down it has to be on my side as the metal clips on my back are quite sore, so I'm just saying a quick hello. As Ian said it all went well - the pain in my leg has now gone meaning I can walk around now, but I've still got numbness and muscle weakness in my leg... only time will tell whether it is permanent or not, but for now I'm counting my blessings!

Hope everyone is doing well :wave:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well I hope the pain goes away and the numbness too .Usually numbness comes from blood flow and once you get moving it will probably go away .If it tingles and is numb you may need physical therapy .I just hope the healing process is fast .It will take time for sure .Metal clips are you talking about the staples they use to close the wound

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So nice to have you back w/ us and home where you feel more comfortable. Praying your pain and numbness goes away soon
spring_strgzrbq.gif

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Oh that's sounds scary, metal clips in your back! Take care and rest lots, hopefully all will be better soon.

My friend has medal rods in her back and she uses a heating pad to help ease the pain. She says just sitting on the heating pad feels good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I had the staples out today which is a relief as they were getting more and more uncomfy!

Unfortunately I had the numbness and weakness in my leg before the op due to the pressure on the nerve, but I'm hopefuly it will get better over time... might take a few months though from what I've read. I'm starting physio and (gentle) pilates next week which should hopefully be a big help. I've been doing pilates for a while now and I love it, and it can massively help a weak back.

Hope everyone is doing well and thank you again for your kind words :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Baby steps back to health.........glad you are feeling better Becky

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Keep working on the therapy and you will be in good shape for Summer hopefully!

Ask a Question