Sorry for continued absence

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody please accept my upmost apologies for my continued absence, Val is my main worry at this moment in time as she has not well, she developed large leg ulcers just prior to her going in for her knee replacement and it has been the devil of a job to get them to respond to treatment.
If we can't get it to heal then she cannot have her operation by the end of the day I haven't the energy to come on line to help out at present.
Please refare to the articles that I and others have taken the time to write and you can't go wrong.
I myself have just undergone corrective foot surgery to my right foot and I thought I better keep you all in the loop so to speak whilst the pain keeps me awake. I have a total of three screws and a number of wires are holding everything together.
However Jeff has been busy with work on the new filter house come man cave etc, the filter is up and running and Val is thankfull that all my koi things are locked away so we have tons of new space.
All of our surviving koi are doing well from the disaster of last winter, we decided not to buy any new ones this season.
We wish all our online koi and goldfish friends all our very best wishes for the foreseeable future months,.
Hoping and praying we get a break with health issues
All the best
Dave 54 & Val.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear you've both been going through a tough time :( Have you heard about Manuka honey being used to treat ulcers? I think it inhibits bacteria growth, might be worth a try if they're proving stubborn.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Good to hear from you @Dave 54 - I've been thinking about you and Val. I'm sorry to hear of the health struggles. All the best to you both and wishes for better days ahead!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry for all you troubles. Agree with Becky honey is know to help burns, ulcers etc.

Abstract
Honey has been used as a wound dressing for thousands of years, but only in more recent times has a scientific explanation become available for its effectiveness. It is now realized that honey is a biologic wound dressing with multiple bioactivities that work in concert to expedite the healing process. The physical properties of honey also expedite the healing process: its acidity increases the release of oxygen from hemoglobin thereby making the wound environment less favorable for the activity of destructive proteases, and the high osmolarity of honey draws fluid out of the wound bed to create an outflow of lymph as occurs with negative pressure wound therapy. Honey has a broad-spectrum antibacterial activity, but there is much variation in potency between different honeys. There are 2 types of antibacterial activity. In most honeys the activity is due to hydrogen peroxide, but much of this is inactivated by the enzyme catalase that is present in blood, serum, and wound tissues. In manuka honey, the activity is due to methylglyoxal which is not inactivated. The manuka honey used in wound-care products can withstand dilution with substantial amounts of wound exudate and still maintain enough activity to inhibit the growth of bacteria. There is good evidence for honey also having bioactivities that stimulate the immune response (thus promoting the growth of tissues for wound repair), suppress inflammation, and bring about rapid autolytic debridement. There is clinical evidence for these actions, and research is providing scientific explanations for them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Thanks for the update Dave.
Hope you guys can get through these health problems ok.
Your involvement here is missed!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wishing you and Val our best wish's and hoping things get better for you both .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hey, Dave! Glad to hear from you, but sorry to hear about your’s and Val’s health issues! Sending prayers and hugs to both of you, across the pond! Also, good to know the pond is doing OK. Keep us posted when you can! I think about you a lot!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Best wishes to both you and Val!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time to give us an update. I feel bad for all you and Val are going through and send positive thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear your pond set up moved forward. As Mitch said, we miss hearing from you.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good to hear from you Dave and hope both you and Val get to feeling better soon. Will send prayers for both of you.
upload_2018-8-21_12-46-48.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Dave I am sending get well wishes to you and Val! Look forward to pics later on of your new pond filter construction. Hope it goes well.
Barb

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sad to hear, wish you guys the best!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Just heard my stepdad was rushed to hospital suffering from chronic pancreatitus.
This is almost a year since mum died.
Much to say we are very concerned about his illness he being 80 now can we ask you all to pray for a speedy recovery

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear that @Dave 54, that can be nasty. I hope there is something they can do to help him, will he be having surgery?

Ask a Question