j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Maybe you could invent a clear topped sliding pool table over you koi pond so you could enjoy the best of both worlds James

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 255

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Old topic, but I like the construction ideas. Want to build similar for my garage.

Reaction score
Humidity is something to think about. I have a dehumidifier sitting on top of the basement sink (I don't have a floor drain or sump for it to empty into). When I turn on the faucet for even a short time the dehumidifier starts up, The dehumidifier is as good as an alarm to indicate what you can't see. Humidity is something that you can't see so often times it isn't a concern. The problem is that it breeds mold. So I would just caution anyone keeping larges amounts of water in an unsealed container to add a dehumidifier into the mix.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
any update james , ur koi were growing like crazy lol i wonder if pond became small for them by now , wish to see pics

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Usman: I haven't been to this site in years! Sadly, I have zero updates as my basement bond has been taking down a long time ago (which was mentioned somewhere in this thread). I don't have any koi now but I still do and always will, a reef tank. I'm a daddy now and my son is 2 years old. He loves fish and anything to do with animals.

I hope this thread has helped others build their own indoor pond! Also, raising koi fry thread I started too.

Maybe one day I'll get back into this but not any time soon. Definitely, next time will be a father and son project. :)

James

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hi, was wondering about the bottom, is it plywood? IF so did you just set it in without attaching?
Thanks

Ask a Question