My first waterfall/pond

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
There are pics of the pond in their other thread, my first waterfall build or someth8ng along those lines. It is the thread where he/she asked about the type of cement to use that is fish safe.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don' know about pool paint but i would imagine then you plan on skim coating everything with a layer of mortar then painting? Where you are obveously handy with masonry i might lean toward plaster and then paint if thats what your finish is dsired

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Don' know about pool paint but i would imagine then you plan on skim coating everything with a layer of mortar then painting? Where you are obveously handy with masonry i might lean toward plaster and then paint if thats what your finish is dsired
thanx for the idea for the pool paint... definitely something i'm going to look into especially for the base of the waterfall because i did end up building a retaining wall at the base and that's the last place i want water to seep into with all the weight of the rocks bearing down on , i know it would probably collapse , the pics i have posted are a little dated , i have since smoothed all the rough looking stone fine masonry sand mortar or with my grinder or completely removed them all together. also i used carpet for the underlay(on the clients request) . iv recently placed the liner in and filled the pond and ran the pump to see the falls performance and the upper filter barrel(i constructed out of a 50gal.barrel , again at the clients request and spillway how ever I'm q very pleased how it has turned out not to mention saving almost $1100cand.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sorry it did not show up.
srry i took a short vid the day i fired up the pimp for the first time however im not very tech. savvy and have problems uploading it but will soon hope fully!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
srry i took a short vid the day i fired up the pimp for the first time however im not very tech. savvy and have problems uploading it but will soon hope fully!
Lmfao....pimp..!!! I Kent pump of course..!!
Any how u finally found a way to upload mist of the video I took a few weeks ago while filling the pond for the first time and seeing how the falls was looking and how well my filter barrel worked and I was pleasently satisfied that I saved the owner $1100candian. That took me around 45min to construct along with under $25 of paint,nuts&bolt's and silicone!!
Any comments/suggestions good or bad are appreciated, I will say though I've learned tonnes of what not to do if I ever take on another similar project!!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@evol-e - pictures of your project in progress would be very helpful!
I have a few posted now along with a short video , I'm still learning how to navigate this site but I must say that I'm pleased and impressed with all the knowledgeable help offered here (in a community I had know idea existed) #happy to have found this site!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Welcome!

I don't have rocks in my pond, but did build a shallow shelf around the edge of the pond. Laid rocks on the shelf up and out of the pond, hides the liner well.
View attachment 125871

Any naked liner gets covered with algae dirt and does not look like liner. You can see the liner here, around 5 foot depth, it looks just fine.
View attachment 125872

Here is what the edge/ side looks like
View attachment 125873
Thankyou for the very sweet pics as well for the warm welcome!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Merged the two threads to help with replies.
Thnx again, I'm the first to admit that I'am most defiantly am not a Bill Gates nor Steve Jobs and will take a min.or two learning how to navigate this site! ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
To add a video go to youtube., upper right theres a upload button in the shape of a camera witha plus sign. click on that upload your video. Once done click on save then open your video by clicking on it on youtube copy the address at the top of the page . thats the text at the top that says youtube and a whole lot of what does that say numbers letters and characters. just as you posted these text statements paste the address in a line all by its self and whala you posted a video with you tube

Ask a Question