My goldfish pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Haha. Aren't we all crazy! Our ponds look great, but how many hundred or thousands of hours has everyone put into them? I received notice the package would be delivered by 10:30 this morning. I planned my day so I could stop home around then. I got home at 10:35 and a box marked live fish was waiting for me on my doorstep. I opened the package and well.... The fish came in great!! I'm thoroughly satisfied with it. Thanks Mission Koi Aquatics! The white body really glistened and makes me think it might be a Gin Rin. The tail and fins are really pretty and long. I was a little worried from the picture the fins might be too black but they weren't at all. Too bad it was colder today. We had a high of 50 degrees so none of the fish were overly active, but I could see it had a lot of pep in him/her. I floated the tied up bag for a while in the pond to acclimate the fish to the temperature, and then put a little pond water into the bag and then put the fish in the pond by hand without pouring the water in the pond. He/she made friends with the other two Koi right away and the three of them were kind of hanging out together for a while. This was so much fun I feel like I should keep buying more..... but I know I shouldn't. I keep getting reminders from e-bay on all the fish I was watching. Here are some pics.
IMG_20171025_105511429.jpg
IMG_20171025_105527059.jpg
IMG_20171025_105851329.jpg
IMG_20171025_110136370.jpg
IMG_20171025_110251789.jpg
IMG_20171025_110215280.jpg
IMG_20171025_105905333.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What a beautiful fish, it looks great in your pond! It's hard to tell the size, how long is it??

Poor @CometKeith you show all the signs of a true addict! I'm pretty sure you're gonna see another koi you just have to have, and perhaps one more after that...and before too long your pond will either get deeper/larger or the number of goldfish will decrease to make room for more koi
You'll be confused sometime experience contradicting feelings of guilt and happiness, every time you give in to temptation, but don't feel bad, it's a fun addiction many of us have it and can offer support!
smawww.gif
:D:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks Gemma. The seller listed it as 10.5 inches. I didn't measure it but it seemed bigger than that. It's definitely large than my Lemon Hariwake. I'm sure the comet I've had for 8 years is wondering what is going on and where all these larger fish are coming from. It's no longer the dominant male in the pond or what you would call my "Harvey"
That's so funny. Haha. Yes my Koi addiction is getting stronger, but I still love my goldfish. I'm going to miss seeing them all when we get snow :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Very pretty and easily visible in the pond:) Are you finding the koi hang out together, or also swim with the gold fish?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have two Shubunkins in my koi pond but I no longer consider them different, and I don't think they consider themselves to be different either...they swim with the koi, they eat and hang out with the koi and come spawning time, they join in the "chase"

There have been times that I though of getting rid of them, to make room for one more koi (I know, I know) but I just could't! I love them and can't bare the thought of them ending up in a small fish tank

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks Gemma. The seller listed it as 10.5 inches. I didn't measure it but it seemed bigger than that. It's definitely large than my Lemon Hariwake. I'm sure the comet I've had for 8 years is wondering what is going on and where all these larger fish are coming from. It's no longer the dominant male in the pond or what you would call my "Harvey"
That's so funny. Haha. Yes my Koi addiction is getting stronger, but I still love my goldfish. I'm going to miss seeing them all when we get snow :(
Some of my fish were larger than I expected, I thought maybe they grew while waiting to be bought
If you got your fish from a breeder, it'd be nice if you rated the experience in the "Vendor Evaluation" Forum so that others (like myself) can check them out when looking for new fish

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm w/ @addy1 Shubbies are beautiful and goldfish so easy, peasy :joyful:
I enjoy seeing everyone's beautiful koi, just for me too much work and would need much more room and lots of money for food. I have a friend who spent thousands for really nice koi and lost a bunch to disease and predators. She's done buying them now and will just enjoy the ones she has left and the goldfish she put in there too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
CometKeith is going over to the dark side!

lol I was trying to help Keith with his new addiction.................
Hmm. Thanks Addy! I was just trying to get a couple larger fish so I could see them from our porch. I didn't know it would cause such a ruckus! I'm hoping they think they are goldfish like the ones Lisak has!

Ask a Question