j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So you have started smoking? We hopefully gave that up last year!

Fish look great and huge! Good to see you posting :happy:

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Hi!! Here are a few pictures I took today of the hazy sunset from our yard!
Yikes! Is that from the wildfire smoke? Friends from Iowa all the way to New York are telling me it's awful.

Love the photos of your fish!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Keith. So good to hear from you :)
Thanks Tula. We were out of town for most of the spring. Fortunately my fish were all okay. We did have a scare when we were gone as one of the bog piping connections came apart and the pond lost most of its water! Our tenants helped us out and everything was in good shape by the time we got back!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yikes! Is that from the wildfire smoke? Friends from Iowa all the way to New York are telling me it's awful.

Love the photos of your fish!
Thanks Yshar. It’s been hazy here for a few weeks but we had a few days that were dangerous to go out even for healthy people. We were to be careful and cut back on any outdoor activities we had planned. Here are a few more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2334.jpeg
    IMG_2334.jpeg
    448.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2331.jpeg
    IMG_2331.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 21
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Happy retirement :).

I'm adjusting to my pond transition from koi to water garden . I've built some shelves ( as pond is straight sides ) to lift lilies higher and have some new and beautiful varieties. I've also had luck with my floating baskets of pickerel, bog bean and water willow.

I was worried I might not enjoy ponding without my koi....but although I miss them, I'm very much enjoying the pond :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Happy retirement :).

I'm adjusting to my pond transition from koi to water garden . I've built some shelves ( as pond is straight sides ) to lift lilies higher and have some new and beautiful varieties. I've also had luck with my floating baskets of pickerel, bog bean and water willow.

I was worried I might not enjoy ponding without my koi....but although I miss them, I'm very much enjoying the pond :)
Hi Tula. Thank you! I think that’s a great idea as it will require a lot less work. I enjoy my goldfish a lot because they are fun to watch when they start spawning. You would think it’s late in the season but the males in my pond were chasing the females just the other day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Beautiful fish, Comet!
Our koi spawned about a week or so ago. Friend came by with her grandsons and one of the boys noticed baby fish. That was a week ago. They are now twice the size, over 1.5” already! I didn’t think we would have any babies again. I guess we shall see if they make it long enough to come out and be fed with the “cows”! 🥰

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Cool! I love it when online communities have real-life results.

Recently I posted in a local pond forum on Facebook that I was giving thinning my water irises, and since then I've had a steady stream of people from all over the country dropping by to pick up irises, bacopa, and gambuzias. One guy drove for an hour and a half to get here, and then went to work on the problem rock in my bog-to-be after I told him why the bog isn't yet built (he didn't manage to get the rock out, but it's further along than it was before!)

This turning virtual relationships into real ones is, in my opinion, the best possible use of the internet!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States

Recently I posted in a local pond forum on Facebook that I was giving thinning my water irises, and since then I've had a steady stream of people from all over the country dropping by to pick up irises, bacopa, and gambuzias. One guy drove for an hour and a half to get here, and then went to work on the problem rock in my bog-to-be after I told him why the bog isn't yet built (he didn't manage to get the rock out, but it's further along than it was before!)

This turning virtual relationships into real ones is, in my opinion, the best possible use of the internet!
LOVE that you're meeting new rock-moving buddies. Good luck getting that rock moved the rest of the way,

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

Granny was playing up this big old rock i have pounded and pounded to a chivalrous MAN again . we fall for it every time.

I'm amazed you haven't taken some Powder out of a few dozen rounds and packed it in and set it off. I'd be willing to bet you know exatly how to master that

Last edited:

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Granny was playing up this big old rock i have pounded and pounded to a chivalrous MAN again . we fall for it every time.

I'm amazed you haven't taken some Powder out of a few dozen rounds and packed it in and set it off. I'd be willing to bet you know exatly how to master that
Well, we go the route of explosives only once the chivalry has proven totally ineffective. What I really need is a good solid steel pipe to create a shaped charge...

Ask a Question