My introduction to the forum

Reaction score
Afternoon folks, it was suggested I post to the introduction forum first so here I am. I am from Connecticut and I joined the forum because I'd like to build an addition to my deck and I would like to include some sort of water feature. I've been entertaining putting in a pond. I am a full time firefighter and I also own a pet supply store which sells tropical fish. I also install and maintain saltwater reef aquariums.

So there it is. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and sounds like you have a busy life and glad you decided to join us for your your pond adventure future .

Reaction score
welcome again, I responded to your other post... just disregard... I think you may understand water weight/pressure:) Just like with tropicals and marine fish, you just have to keep going BIGGER... our last set up before pond fish was an 180 marine/reef that we had custom made:) Miss the inverts, but our last house couldnt support such a large tank. Using the old reef lake on our QT pond LOL.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome3985.gif
TravelingSeas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
TravelingSeas Welcome to GPF and thank you for your service. It seems to me that if you build a nice pond and people can see it you will have another ready made business of building ponds for people. It would be natural considering your other businesses. You can learn pretty much anything you wanted to know about ponds on this forum and there are a lot of true experts here that can lead you in the right direction.

Julia

My pond w/ tong,buyog,snow,skai,bubbles&ela
Reaction score
Hello and welcome TravelingSeas! A pet supply store sure is going to be helpful when you start your pond. Keep us posted.

Ask a Question