My new goldfish pond build

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Okay. Well I threw in the rocks into my waterfall the other day when it was getting dark. It still needs a lot of work but I'm happy with the rocks we "found".
IMG_20170829_152739599.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks JW,Sissy, and addy. It' slowly getting there. Over the weekend I "finished" the waterfall. I cut the extra liner behind it, extended one of the hoses so the water came out of the right place, and mulched behind it and added some side rocks. Most of the rocks in the middle came from our recent trip to door county. I'm sure there will be many more rebuilds in the future until I am truly happy with it :)
IMG_20170904_182550947.jpg
IMG_20170904_182635352.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are one happy new home and pond owner and the pond is looking better every day w/all your new additions. Your neighbors will be wanting one for their yards. Actually they could just put a little patio and chairs and table right on the edge of their yard and yours and enjoy yours for free!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks JW, IPA, Addy. Slowly it's coming into shape. I have also been working on the backyard landscaping and other house related things so sometimes it takes a backseat to other stuff. I have been working on the edging lately to try to have it all at the same level so I can raise the water up as much as possible to hide the liner. I took this picture about a week ago and since then have raised the water up 3 or 4 inches. You can see my platinum Koi front and center showing off!
IMG_20170910_111730031.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks JW. That butterfly is very social with the other fish and always busy swimming around. The other Koi seems more interested in food than other fish. I don't now if it's possible, but the goldfish in the pond seem to have gotten a lot more active since I put the two Koi in the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
JW. That's funny. Some of my goldfish are actually bigger than the Koi if you don't factor in the fin and tails. The platinum one sometimes goes after my largest shubunkin but they all get along.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That is an inspiration! If it wasn’t for the dogs, water snakes, raccoons, weasel, and other predators in the area, I’d try and do an in ground pond. I may still do one in the future, just berm the sides to prevent it from washing out all the fish if it floods. The sad thing about where my pond is, I have to go out to it to see it. Near the house, there’s just no good place for one.

Ask a Question